Cabin Assignments, if you book a GUARANTEE

HookedAfterOne

Thank you for the info ... it looks like I probably have at least another week before I "might" find out ... it's good to know that I am not the only one who obsesses about everything ... the anticipation IS half the fun! Happy travels my friends! :)

Hooray! Got my cabin assignment today (by checking my luggage tags!) --- 20 days out!! Woooo-hoooo ... now I have something else to obsess over! :)
Wow, that's unusually early! So was it an upgrade?

No, not an upgrade ... I have never had the pleasure of a visit from that fairy ... but any place on the ship is great ... right?
Yes anyplace is great - and since you didn't get an upgrade there is still a possibility that you will get a re-assignment that is --- so you can keep watching. :) We got a re-assignment once, and I've heard of a half-dozen or so others over my Cruise Critic years.

Yes anyplace is great - and since you didn't get an upgrade there is still a possibility that you will get a re-assignment that is --- so you can keep watching. :) We got a re-assignment once, and I've heard of a half-dozen or so others over my Cruise Critic years.

Awesome! Thanks so much ... definitely counting down the days!

Hooray! Got my cabin assignment today (by checking my luggage tags!) --- 20 days out!! Woooo-hoooo ... now I have something else to obsess over! :)

Did you get a good cabin? The upgrade fairy visited us yesterday, 20 days out and made us an offer we couldn't refuse. We went from a guarantee NN to a VA of our choosing.

Did you get a good cabin? The upgrade fairy visited us yesterday, 20 days out and made us an offer we couldn't refuse. We went from a guarantee NN to a VA of our choosing.

To be completely honest ... I have no idea! We had a guarantee verandah ... so I think that's a VH, right? By checking my luggage tags, I now know that we are in stateroom 6161 ... category VB/UP VERANDA ... have absolutely no idea what that means ... I do see it's towards the aft of the ship ... so if anyone has any opinions and/or comments ... I'm all ears!

To be completely honest ... I have no idea! We had a guarantee verandah ... so I think that's a VH, right? By checking my luggage tags, I now know that we are in stateroom 6161 ... category VB/UP VERANDA ... have absolutely no idea what that means ... I do see it's towards the aft of the ship ... so if anyone has any opinions and/or comments ... I'm all ears!
VH to VB6161 IS an upgrade, and a very good one IMO. Congrats!

6161 has a shower only but other then that it looks okay. There are rooms over it, much quieter, and rooms across from it so that is nice too. I have not been able to tell the difference from a VA and a VB and since they are renumbering them next year, HAL is not sure which is best either. It looks like you will have a nice room and a great cruise.

My cruise tour leaves on May 30 and the cruise itself on June 2, not holding my breath on the room assignment. We have an H Guarantee. I usually get HAL guarantee assignments between 10-21 days of the cruise. I have never had the pleasure of finding out at the pier (I think my anxiety would be through the roof at that point)

hookedafterone- you did get an upgrade! It is an upgrade within your category but an upgrade regardless.

VH to VB6161 IS an upgrade, and a very good one IMO. Congrats!

Well look at me!!! A visit from the upgrade fairy and I didn't even know! But I guess that is the nature of fairies ... isn't it? This is one of the many things I love about CC ... oh the things that I learn!

6161 has a shower only but other then that it looks okay. There are rooms over it, much quieter, and rooms across from it so that is nice too. I have not been able to tell the difference from a VA and a VB and since they are renumbering them next year, HAL is not sure which is best either. It looks like you will have a nice room and a great cruise.

Thanks so much ... now if I could just figure out where my two sisters are ... they are not nearly as crazy as I am when it comes to finding these details out! I told them to check online hours ago ... and no word from either of them yet! oh well ...

My cruise tour leaves on May 30 and the cruise itself on June 2, not holding my breath on the room assignment. We have an H Guarantee. I usually get HAL guarantee assignments between 10-21 days of the cruise. I have never had the pleasure of finding out at the pier (I think my anxiety would be through the roof at that point)

hookedafterone- you did get an upgrade! It is an upgrade within your category but an upgrade regardless.

Just getting on the ship is an upgrade from my daily life ... so an upgrade within my category is definitely icing on the cake! Hope you get your assignment sooner than you normally do ... and happy cruising!

Well look at me!!! A visit from the upgrade fairy and I didn't even know! But I guess that is the nature of fairies ... isn't it? This is one of the many things I love about CC ... oh the things that I learn!

Super assignment!! Glad you did get an upgrade!!!!! Very nice, too.

Have a great cruise: come back and let us know how you liked your cruise.

Super assignment!! Glad you did get an upgrade!!!!! Very nice, too.

Have a great cruise: come back and let us know how you liked your cruise.

I will most definitely come back to report ... it's the least I can do for all the help and support I am getting leading up to the cruise ... and since I soooooo love reading all this stuff, I am hopeful that others will enjoy my report when I get back!

I will most definitely come back to report ... it's the least I can do for all the help and support I am getting leading up to the cruise ... and since I soooooo love reading all this stuff, I am hopeful that others will enjoy my report when I get back!

You have a great attitude, so I know I will enjoy your report. Glad that you are learning lots from this board: it really is a great way to learn your way around a cruise line or a ship.

Have a fun time!

Our traveling party has 1 person booked with a guarantee room. I am curious what the people did who did not know their room assignment til they got to the pier. How did you print your luggage tags and your boarding documents? I understand that you can clearly print them, but if they don't have room numbers on the tags, how would they get to your room?

Our traveling party has 1 person booked with a guarantee room. I am curious what the people did who did not know their room assignment til they got to the pier. How did you print your luggage tags and your boarding documents? I understand that you can clearly print them, but if they don't have room numbers on the tags, how would they get to your room?

If you don't have your stateroom beforehand, I am sure they can just write it in when you check in at the pier ... my guess is that you will probably know ahead of time ... especially if you check obsessively ... like I do ... Happy Sailing!

I rarely book a guarantee, but did this time for my May 7th cruise. Booked a VA guarantee (hoping an an auto upgrade would toss me into a suite....). Got assignment TODAY for a VA cabin.

I too, have been checking obsessively for the past week. I have received no email, however, I just check online on HAL's site "for booked guests" and voila, it showed up this morning. I believe I am 20 days out.

Now I can move on to obsessing about something else!!!:p

I rarely book a guarantee, but did this time for my May 7th cruise. Booked a VA guarantee (hoping an an auto upgrade would toss me into a suite....). Got assignment TODAY for a VA cabin.

I too, have been checking obsessively for the past week. I have received no email, however, I just check online on HAL's site "for booked guests" and voila, it showed up this morning. I believe I am 20 days out.

Now I can move on to obsessing about something else!!!:p

Good to know I'm not the only "obsessive" one on board or on THESE boards, for that matter! Happy Sailing!

If you don't have your stateroom beforehand, I am sure they can just write it in when you check in at the pier ... my guess is that you will probably know ahead of time ... especially if you check obsessively ... like I do ... Happy Sailing!

Chances are one will know ahead of time. But it does happen. ;) When you go through the first gate at the terminal and they check you in they have a manifest list. Your cabin number is on it. They will write the number on your luggage tags right there. No worries.

Our luggage got through just fine.

We have had good luck with guarantees. We often book these and then watch for price decreases or category consolidations in order to get a solid choice.

The only time we were disappointed was our first Carnival cruise. We called our TA and she had us put back into the gty pool with the proviso that we had to take what we were given on round two. Round two gave us a much better cabin.

Thanks so much ... now if I could just figure out where my two sisters are ... they are not nearly as crazy as I am when it comes to finding these details out! I told them to check online hours ago ... and no word from either of them yet! oh well ...

I love the cabins with shower only, no having to step over that darn tub!!

:)

Archived