best time to book

On our last (and first with RCI!) cruise, when we saw a price drop we called our TA (internet one) and they immediately adjusted our price down. That was before we had made our final payment. I understand that once you've made final payment, it won't go any lower. We had booked very early, got an amazing price and it only ever went up after that.

Can you please tell me how this works exactly? And are you cancelling and re-booking or are they just adjusting the price? :confused:

If you're booking in Australia, check to see if your TA will honour price drops. It's not always the case if you book outside the USA.

If you're booking in Australia, check to see if your TA will honour price drops. It's not always the case if you book outside the USA.

Yeah I think in the US you get a better deal. It's really hard to even get a small amount of OBC here. Next time I will shop around for a better TA although I know I got a good price I don't think my TA will honour price drops:)

I thought you could still get some obc if your price drops after final payment, so this isn't true?

Effective May 17, 2010 the new Pricing Policy went into effect where you will only receive price adjustments up until final payment.

If a price reduction occurs after final payment and a cabin category higher than what you are booked in is priced lower than or the same as what you paid, you can request an upgrade. This only applies if the price reduction is not for "New Bookings Only".

Generally, the beginning of the year is wave season and they'll push hard to sell cruises. You'll see discounted rates and lots of special offers (obc, free meals, paid tips, etc.) End of January through mid-March to be exact.

On this side of the pond, RCI does not discount rates. We are eligible for special rates, such as Military, Police & Fire, Residency and Senior but these rates may only be available for select itineraries.

Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Club Members are eligible for balcony discounts combined with an OBC if the cruise is booked on board. All discounts are based on length of cruise. C&A Members can also combine a C&A Savings Certificate with the OBC when booking on board if one becomes available for their cruise. When booking on board only 2 C&A benefits can be combined. When booking from home you can only use a balcony discount/C&A Savings Certificate.

OBC is offered during WOW sales, but these sales have restrictions and for C&A Members have become WOW-less!!:) There is also a sale very Tuesday on select cruises.

I generally book our cruises as soon as they open up and have never seen a price reduction come as low as our initial booking price. We get the cabin we want & location. I continue to monitor the prices. When i booked the Coastal Cruise in Sept I am doing with friends of ours, I did move my location within the same category.

Archived