Hop On/Off Bus spotted...

katrina1122

...on NJ I-195 just west of Jackson, NJ headed east towards the shore/Garden State Parkway last Friday 4/12.

I thought their closest port was Pittsburgh which is a good 6 or 7 hours away. I know it was the bus as American Queen was written in huge red letters on the side as shown in cc reviews I've just read. (I took it's passing me on the highway as a sign we now simply must sail, lol) but I was completely thrown for a loop.

Do they do long distance excurssions or pick-ups? It'd be awesome not to have to drive ourselves to Pitt.

...on NJ I-195 just west of Jackson, NJ headed east towards the shore/Garden State Parkway last Friday 4/12.

I thought their closest port was Pittsburgh which is a good 6 or 7 hours away. I know it was the bus as American Queen was written in huge red letters on the side as shown in cc reviews I've just read. (I took it's passing me on the highway as a sign we now simply must sail, lol) but I was completely thrown for a loop.

Do they do long distance excurssions or pick-ups? It'd be awesome not to have to drive ourselves to Pitt.

Did the bus look like this? If not, it wasn't an American Queen Steamboat Company bus! :D

P1090173.jpg.58812b2cf562849dc6f571f31b06e68f.jpg

Yep, just like that.

It caught my eye coming at me. I even thought it almost didn't look like a bus, but then realized it was the drawing to look like a ship so I watched it pass me. It looked exactly like your pic.

A Steamcoach was parked outside the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History three weeks ago. According to the driver, the coaches are actually owned by a large bus company located in Easton PA. The drivers draw assignments and will sometimes be on the river routes. This particular tour was from Minneapolis was picked up at BWI for five days of Tidewater, VA and DC.

While onboard the AQ late last year I heard that the ''steamcoaches'' for this year were not to have the windows covered by the steamboat decal. As new busses are brought on line the old ones are placed in other trades.

• 1 month later...

Archived