Price Drops again.

ffmack

I have 2 adjoining balcony cabins booked on the Dream in June. I already got a $1200 refund a few weeks ago and now it has dropped another $600 combined. I am past final payment date. Is there anything that can be done? I'm not sure how I booked because I just called my PVP and told him that I wanted the best price I could get. I would assume it was early saver though or I wouldn't have gotten the first refund that I got. Any hope of OBC or another refund?

There was an OBVIOUS boo boo on the Carnival web site over these price drops.....specifically on our Sept. 21st Dream Eastern sailing it was showing a balcony @ $609.

I did a screen shot and printed this, and when I went to do the mock booking of course the $609 did not appear.

It looks like the $609 was for OV not balcony. By the time I got home from work 2 hours later the price was changed to $709 for a balcony.

Needless to say Carnival would not honor the $609 but did adjust our balance due to the correct price for a balcony.

BEWARE, ES price protection, you can apply for the price drop BUT your Govt Taxes/Fees may INCREASE so you may not get the full dollars you are anticipating.

Carnival's response to all this is that Govt fees/taxes change all the time.

We got a price drop on our cabin booking and and an increase in our govt taxes/fees of $44.20 - OUCH! :cool:

Hence the total overall credit is not what was anticipated.:(

But it did bring down the overall final payment and that is a good thing.

the fareviewer showed a different price (without tax) for my category as well. I did a screenshot and went and applied for the price drop last night. this morning it was approved 340$!

now this gets really confusing because if you remove past guest on the mock booking easy saver was showing a better rate for my parents and aunts rooms then past was. again got them a nice 100$ drop per person

the pride has some great deals in sept for those on the east coast! we are sailing for 78$ per day per person on a balcony!

Archived