Your choice of travel agents

Do you ever check the service provided by the travel agents you sell your cruises through? I ask this as we just returned from a cruise on QV and had the most awful experience with the travel agent I had the misfortune to book through. I am looking to book another cruise with Cunard was so impressed with it but I really think your company are doing themselves a disservice selling through this particular agent. I am aware from trip advisor that I am not alone in my problems with that particular agent

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Jayneykul']Do you ever check the service provided by the travel agents you sell your cruises through? I ask this as we just returned from a cruise on QV and had the most awful experience with the travel agent I had the misfortune to book through. I am looking to book another cruise with Cunard was so impressed with it but I really think your company are doing themselves a disservice selling through this particular agent. I am aware from trip advisor that I am not alone in my problems with that particular agent[/quote]

Are you able to give a hint about who to avoid? Difficult, I realise. There's so many cruise agents and it's hard to know which offers are "genuine", which are financially stable, and which are reliable.

Yes I will give you a hint anagram of reado dictionary definition to worship as a god! . Hope that doesnt flaut the rules. To be avoided at all costs. I have just issued county court proceedings against them as they will not respond to my complaints against all ABTA regulations. This was 1 of the worst holiday experiences I have ever had

[quote name='Jayneykul']Yes I will give you a hint anagram of reado dictionary definition to worship as a god! . Hope that doesnt flaut the rules. To be avoided at all costs. I have just issued county court proceedings against them as they will not respond to my complaints against all ABTA regulations. This was 1 of the worst holiday experiences I have ever had[/QUOTE]

Is this a US travel agent? If so, I don't think they're covered by ABTA (Association of British Travel Agents).

BTW, Peter Shanks was only on here answering questions for two days in February. His last activity was 18th February so he's long gone.

Yes it is a british TA part of the C-Op if you actually dig deep enough. Mr Shanks hasnt replied to the letter I sent him echoing the above post. Think will go back to our loyalties with Celebrity

[quote name='Jayneykul']Do you ever check the service provided by the travel agents you sell your cruises through? I ask this as we just returned from a cruise on QV and [B]had the most awful experience with the travel agent I had the misfortune to book through.[/B] I am looking to book another cruise with Cunard was so impressed with it but I really think your company are doing themselves a disservice selling through this particular agent. I am aware from trip advisor that I am not alone in my problems with that particular agent[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jayneykul']Yes it is a british TA part of the C-Op if you actually dig deep enough. Mr Shanks hasnt replied to the letter I sent him echoing the above post. [B]Think will go back to our loyalties with Celebrity[/B][/QUOTE]

I worked out the name of your travel agent and found them on the net but have never heard of them before.

Sorry but I don't really understand your stance here. You say your problem was with this TA and because of that you won't cruise with Cunard again and will go back to Celebrity. I'm not sure how you can blame Cunard for problems your TA gave you.

Your choices:

1. If you book a Celebrity cruise through the same TA, you might get the same "awful experience" from them again.

2. If you book a Cunard cruise through a different TA or directly with Cunard hopefully you would be okay. I've never had any problems with any TA I've booked through.

My issue is with the travel agent. We booked a package with them pre-cruise hotels in Hong Kong, week on Cunard QV to Singapore then hotell in Singapore. Air France lost my luggage on the way out. The hotel booked in Hong Kong was not in fact in Hong Kong it was over a 20 min ride away by train in the North. The travel agent told me my luggage had been located and was being delivered to the hotel which it wasnt. Eventually Cunard whilst onboard instructed an investigator who managed to trace the luggage and had it delivered back to our home address. The hotel in Singapore was like a back packers hostel again not in Singapore in a rough area miles away with no public transport links.What I wanted to know from Mr Shanks is whether they have a concern over the client care given by their nominated selling agents or whether they dont give a damn who sells their cruises. The cruise itself was lovely spoiled obviously by the fact that I didnt have many clothes, camera prescription sunglasses/medication etc and I wouldnt hesitate to book with them again. I have no intention of ever booking through this travel agent. I would have expected Mr Shanks to respond to my letter raising this issue and feel that in the circumstances the client care we have had from Celebrity is of a higher standard

Archived