Oasis Central Park Balcony - How Warm?

mek

We're in cabin 10245, sailing in October - would like to hear from people who have actually stayed in one of these CP cabins concerning the heat on the balcony. How warm/hot does it really get in this area? I decided on the lower deck because I have to stay out of the sun and figured lower would probably get less sun than a higher deck. Feedback please!

Edited by mek

We had a Central Park balcony on both the Allure and the Oasis on your same deck. I don't remember any problems with heat or cold. I would believe a balcony over boardwalk would be noisier, due to all the activities below. What was nice is that you could sit out on the balcony almost all the time as you would not have heavy winds when underway. You can watch the people walking through the park. We thought that it was a good choice as we did it twice. Close your drapes when dressing. There was a little noise as you could hear the music during the day when the band was playing up at the pool deck.

Bob E

We had a Central Park balcony on both the Allure and the Oasis on your same deck. I don't remember any problems with heat or cold. I would believe a balcony over boardwalk would be noisier, due to all the activities below. What was nice is that you could sit out on the balcony almost all the time as you would not have heavy winds when underway. You can watch the people walking through the park. We thought that it was a good choice as we did it twice. Close your drapes when dressing. There was a little noise as you could hear the music during the day when the band was playing up at the pool deck.

Bob E

Thanks - good to know about the wind - we like to sit on our balcony and play cards and that can be hard to do when the ship is sailing.

• 3 years later...

Hello mek, hope you're still on Cruise Critic... DH and I are booked in 10245 on Allure in October and are wondering what you thought of this cabin on your 2013 cruise? I've never found a review that included it. Any informaation or photos are appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Edited by HelenaCruiser2012

Hello mek, hope you're still on Cruise Critic... DH and I are booked in 10245 on Allure in October and are wondering what you thought of this cabin on your 2013 cruise? I've never found a review that included it. Any information or photos are appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Helena, if mek doesn't answer I will be right next door in in cabin 10243 (and will also have access to cabins 10241 10239 10233 and 10231) on September 18, I'll be glad to share pics from there when I get back (or maybe even during).

We are booked in #10615 in September. We've been on Oasis previously but in a Boardwalk balcony. My only concern is since there isn't much breeze, aren't these balcony's hot? Anyone know what it's like in September?

Geeocacher that's awfully nice of you, thanks!!! Can't wait to hear abt your cruise!

DH and I thought hard about which type of cabin to book and we came up with the same conclusion, that we love an oceanview balcony during the day but there's something abt that black ocean just outside of our door at night that's a little disconcerting. We booked Allure specifically for a Central Park cabin. Thought abt doing Anthem out of NYC because we could drive there in abt an hour but Allure just sounded so much more like us. We love what Allure has to offer and are really looking forward to this trip!