Car Rental at Port Everglades?

We rented from Dollar/ thrifty, they had a bus waiting as we got off the ship. It was very quick and easy, but make sure you book they didn't have much left for people who just walked in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm using Hertz and will drop off a car following our drive from Orlando and pick up another after we get off Allure for our drive back to Kissimmee. The rental office is located on State Road 84, SE 24th St which is straight along the exit road from the port at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. This is marked with the 'A' on the map below.

8656444529_184763459d_c.jpg

The dock for Allure is to the bottom right of the above map off Eisenhower Blvd. The Dollar/Thrifty depot is on S Miami Road again off SE 24th St opposite the Ft Lauderdale Welcome Park shown on the map.

Also worth noting that Hertz have taken over Dollar/Thrifty so don't know if that'll make any difference in these two rental depots that are so close to each other.

Thanks for that info about Dollar, not booked car yet, must get it done. Were Hertz cheaper than Dollar or are they all similar?

Not sure if Dollar were cheaper but I'm a frequent Hertz rental member so I just went with them as I use them when travelling for business etc and we were planning to stay at the Crowne Plaza where the rental depot was (but we have changed hotel but not a problem as I can see they have a shuttle to/from port and if that isn't convenient I thought we'd have better chance of a cab from a hotel location).

I will check both, thanks for that. Just booked Orlando hotel and got a great price so I'm very happy now!

Where did you get? So many to choose from. We're renting a villa when we get back to Kissimmee, cheaper than a hotel per night and has its own pool.

After our cruise we want to drive to Orlando. Does anyone know if there are car rentals at Port Everglades or do we just taxi to airport and rent there? Thanks!

There is a Hertz very close. They will have shuttles driving in on the day of disembarkation. If you have a reservation, just hop on and within about 5 minutes you'll be at the Hertz office. Its very close.

There is a Hertz very close. They will have shuttles driving in on the day of disembarkation. If you have a reservation, just hop on and within about 5 minutes you'll be at the Hertz office. Its very close.

That's the one I'm referring to in my earlier post and shown on the map.

There used to be a free rental car shuttle bus that took passengers to/from the port and the rental car "terminal" at the airport. It was a bus decorated in palm fronds. You may want to check the port site or the airport site to see if it is still offered.

Archived