Ziplining

brainerdgal

We'll be in Juneau from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. in mid-August. We're planning to be on our own, with Mendenhall Glacier a definite, and possibly renting a car to see more of the area.

My husband would really like to zipline in Juneau. I'm hesitating because ziplining can be done many places, but there is only one Juneau! :) A search on this board hasn't turned up many comments on the ziplining there. I'd love any input that might help us decide if this would be a good use of our time.

We're 63, active with no mobility or health issues. It would be just the 2 of us.

You have a LOT of port time, and with a car, "driving around" still hours and hours, that may be vacant. Since your husband wants to go ziplining, won't be any issue fitting it in, if you don't, then don't.

You also may want to think about WHAT you are going to do with that car? Do you already have ideas? Do a more involved look at what is available. Lots of online resources.

Husband & I ziplined in Juneau several years ago with alaskazip.com. I had recently developed a little fear of heights & was just short of terrified. After forcing myself to step off of the first platform, I was hooked (and so was my husband). The views were great & so were the guides. I really liked the fact that this company had a braking system so that you didn't have to hand-brake.

The only reason that were not doing the zipline again on our upcoming trip is because we have a shorter time in port & wanted to do something that we didnt do last time.

The zipline in Juneau is awesome...have done it several times...much better than the one in Ketchikan. You also get a fun boat ride over the channel. We even saw a bear below us one time.

Nana57...you control the speed, however, you must go fast enough to reach the other side. The zipline in Juneau is between trees, not straight down like in Icy Strait Point.

Archived