VIP Boarding

madgally

Well said!!!

I actually like seeing and greeting our room steward, they are like family too us for those 7 days...

It really adds so much to our cruise experience to get to know our Room Steward and many of the other crew members. Most are sacrificing so much (being so far from their loved ones and their homeland for extended periods) to make a better life for their families. I've never met one who didn't totally inspire me. :)

OP - take a little time to branch out. There are some wonderful people and and a whole lot of wonderful stories out there. ;)

I agree with some of the others, wheel chair or not, at times they will pull you out of line in order to speed things up. My father is almost blind and walks with a cane, he expects no special treatment but often is pulled from the line. Everyone in his party is welcome to go along with him.

OP to speed things up just tell them you have diarrhea, you are sure to be pulled from the line and can avoid the hassle of actually ever having to board the ship in a non VIP fashion. ;)

I have trouble in the fact that the whole party tags along..... It takes 1 or 2 to accompany the individual who need assistance.... The reason I have a problem is the families and friends who take advantage of the the situation. We always arrive early,, in the most recent case an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair was asked if he needed assistance,,,when a family member said yes off he went with a flight attendant worker,,, she paused to say anyone else in his party could join in....... So here is the kicker,,,,, 25 others joined.......... Did he need that much help.... Later on I witnessed how far he could walk without stopping or require assistance... So was this a case of abuse of a situation.... You ca make your opinion

As far as the family going onboard with the one pulled from line due to a handicap, what if someone in that boarding party has any issues getting on the ship. Be it with indentification or ticket issues, you don't want half your party on the ship and the other half waiting to see if issues will be resolved.

Again, keep in mind in our situation my father is being pulled from the line. He did not ask for any VIP treatment but based on his obvious conditions I still feel it is at times the right thing to do.

In a sense I feel he paid his dues, worked hard all his life and now has some life struggles to overcome. I believe as a society we should honor that fact and have some common courtesy, which I believe many people forget to pack.

I have trouble in the fact that the whole party tags along..... It takes 1 or 2 to accompany the individual who need assistance.... The reason I have a problem is the families and friends who take advantage of the the situation. We always arrive early,, in the most recent case an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair was asked if he needed assistance,,,when a family member said yes off he went with a flight attendant worker,,, she paused to say anyone else in his party could join in....... So here is the kicker,,,,, 25 others joined.......... Did he need that much help.... Later on I witnessed how far he could walk without stopping or require assistance... So was this a case of abuse of a situation.... You ca make your opinion

Abusing the offer is one thing, which I won't address. However, if you are traveling together as a party, whether he needed the assistance of 1 or 14 doesn't matter. Some are not comfortable being separated from their group, especially if we're talking about boarding a ship and eating together. I have no problem with that and we are ones who typically arrive early (when it's within our control).

The shock thing was a joke between John and I. We both travel with Wheel Chairs - We don't need them most of the time but I cannot stand for long periods of time. It sad how people talk down to people who they think are handicapped, it was an inside joke, sorry if it offended you.

As a person in the medical profession or anyone for that matter if I assist you with your wheelchair does that mean I'm "talking down" to you, I'm not sure what you mean by this.....also you might if you really don't need the wheelchair most of the time look at possibly getting one of the wheeled walkers :) easier to store, have a seat on them if needed.

Never had a complaint from a maid that we ask not to service our room except to change out stuff. Yup they feel like 2nd class citizens because I want to clean my own room. All maids on board are treated like 2nd class citizens by they pay from the company that pays them.

Dang ! I missed it again. I'd like to meet this person and shake their hand (with the shock button in my hand. Duh.)

I'm rather new to the NCL board since we just booked the Jade in mid-March. I'm really disappointed and shocked to read threads such as this one where the posters give such mean and snarky answers. I agree that the OP sounds pretty snooty and demanding, but does she really deserve such mean spirited answers or some constructive help? If you don't have anything helpful to say, maybe you should just not say anything. Frankly, it makes me think twice about whether I want to ask any questions on this board or get involved in the NCL threads. :(

When I pay for a suite I pay for a larger cabin and balcony. I enjoy many suite benefits like Cagney's, priority tendering, lavazza machine, and so much more. The NCL suites are worth every penny imho outside the butler and concierge.

I don't hate seniors but I want my kids to have kids to play with. We normally travel on school breaks or summer. School breaks often have more kids then adults, it's great that way for the kids and for us..... Seniors are great too and when my kids have all moved out I will gladly travel with them.....

And one day you'll be one of them.

When I pay for a suite I pay for a larger cabin and balcony. I enjoy many suite benefits like Cagney's, priority tendering, lavazza machine, and so much more. The NCL suites are worth every penny imho outside the butler and concierge.

AMEN! Hope to see you on another cruise again...

I'm rather new to the NCL board since we just booked the Jade in mid-March. I'm really disappointed and shocked to read threads such as this one where the posters give such mean and snarky answers. I agree that the OP sounds pretty snooty and demanding, but does she really deserve such mean spirited answers or some constructive help? If you don't have anything helpful to say, maybe you should just not say anything. Frankly, it makes me think twice about whether I want to ask any questions on this board or get involved in the NCL threads. :(

Maybe after you have cruised NCL and met some of the wonderful crew you might also feel a little protective.

This board is a reflection of life. Many opinions, styles, etc. the anonymity of a keyboard leads some that would never be snarky in a face-to-face exchange to do so.

But please don't lump us all together. There are a lot of great folks here.

Maybe after you have cruised NCL and met some of the wonderful crew you might also feel a little protective.

This board is a reflection of life. Many opinions, styles, etc. the anonymity of a keyboard leads some that would never be snarky in a face-to-face exchange to do so.

But please don't lump us all together. There are a lot of great folks here.

I've met many wonderful crew members on the cruises I've taken too. I'm not agreeing with the OP, just saying that answers should be given in a nicer and less critical tone.

I'm sure there are many nice folks on the NCL board and onboard the NCL ships just like there are nice people on all cruiselines. I was just saddened to see how many folks joined in to bash the OP instead of handling it in a kinder way. Makes us new NCL board contributors a bit leery of posting. JMHO. :o

I've met many wonderful crew members on the cruises I've taken too. I'm not agreeing with the OP, just saying that answers should be given in a nicer and less critical tone.

I'm sure there are many nice folks on the NCL board and onboard the NCL ships just like there are nice people on all cruiselines. I was just saddened to see how many folks joined in to bash the OP instead of handling it in a kinder way. Makes us new NCL board contributors a bit leery of posting. JMHO. :o

New contributor with 2400+ posts???

New contributor with 2400+ posts???

The poster said "new to the NCL board" and that's legit. I had people jump me on the RCCL board saying I should have known such things as I was asking. But look at my signature - why would I have researched RCCL until we booked the cruise for spring break in 2012? I didn't. I probably had over 9,000 posts at that point and was jumped on. So please read more carefully.

The poster said "new to the NCL board" and that's legit. I had people jump me on the RCCL board saying I should have known such things as I was asking. But look at my signature - why would I have researched RCCL until we booked the cruise for spring break in 2012? I didn't. I probably had over 9,000 posts at that point and was jumped on. So please read more carefully.

You know IMHO opinion one board is NO different than another, same STUFF. THANK YOU I did read carefully! I do not think I JUMPED, asked a ? Your turn.

You know IMHO opinion one board is NO different than another, same STUFF. THANK YOU I did read carefully! I do not think I JUMPED, asked a ? Your turn.

I said I was jumped when I asked questions on the RCCL board, nothing about you. Not sure you're reading as carefully as you think. And the boards/lines ARE different - that's why there are different lines. Some lines that some love, I didn't. Some that I love, others don't. While there are many similarities, there are many differences and nuances. And some boards are more civil than others...

Also, when you write "IMHO opinion" you wrote in my humble opinion opinion - pretty sure you didn't mean that.

I said I was jumped when I asked questions on the RCCL board, nothing about you. Not sure you're reading as carefully as you think. And the boards/lines ARE different - that's why there are different lines. Some lines that some love, I didn't. Some that I love, others don't. While there are many similarities, there are many differences and nuances. And some boards are more civil than others...

Also, when you write "IMHO opinion" you wrote in my humble opinion opinion - pretty sure you didn't mean that.

I read your last 105 pages of posts, now know why you commented to my posts, you apparently comment on about everything. I am tough enough to take what you dish out (point I have 500 posts in 6 years,you have 9400 in 7 years)! 72 year olds make mistakes sometimes IMHO, that better! I quit, end of your issue!

Wow - didn't take long to prove my point, sadly. And you're wrong; the various boards are not alike. Some are more accepting of other people's opinions and treat each other with respect.

BTW, my post said "Makes us new NCL board contributors a bit leery of posting." You can be a frequent poster on CC but new to a certain board. Master of the obvious. ;)

Wow - didn't take long to prove my point, sadly. And you're wrong; the various boards are not alike. Some are more accepting of other people's opinions and treat each other with respect.

BTW, my post said "Makes us new NCL board contributors a bit leery of posting." You can be a frequent poster on CC but new to a certain board. Master of the obvious. ;)

I went on to two different boards looking for information on 2 different ships. One was the Carnival board asking about the suite shown in the movie Chipwrecked, and the other RCI inquiring about the photo of the sky loft suites. Some were kind and informative, some were rude, while others just did not give me the time of day. If I were to book and sail on either one of those lines I would not let those few rude posters deter me from joining the boards for that line. There are good folks here, but some do not deal well with perceived free-loaders very well. I for one agree, If you want suite perks, pay for them. I pay hard earned money to sail in suites, and if others want the same benefits then pay the money as well. If that is bad in your eyes than so be it.

I went on to two different boards looking for information on 2 different ships. One was the Carnival board asking about the suite shown in the movie Chipwrecked, and the other RCI inquiring about the photo of the sky loft suites. Some were kind and informative, some were rude, while others just did not give me the time of day. If I were to book and sail on either one of those lines I would not let those few rude posters deter me from joining the boards for that line. There are good folks here, but some do not deal well with perceived free-loaders very well. I for one agree, If you want suite perks, pay for them. I pay hard earned money to sail in suites, and if others want the same benefits then pay the money as well. If that is bad in your eyes than so be it.

I will have to agree. :o

I will have to agree. :o

I also agree!

Archived