Allure of the seas tips for : Packing, secret spots, western caribbean tips please!

I would greatly appreciate it if any of my cruise critic friends would please give me tips on the allure of the seas..im crusing this may 5th 2013 and would appreciate any packing, secret spots, best drinks, western caribbean excursions to do. ANY help will be appreciated ! :D

I would greatly appreciate it if any of my cruise critic friends would please give me tips on the allure of the seas..im crusing this may 5th 2013 and would appreciate any packing, secret spots, best drinks, western caribbean excursions to do. ANY help will be appreciated ! :D

You are going to have an amazing time. I just got off the Allure for the second time in March. It is an amazing ship.

Secret Spots: There are large public balconies on decks 11 & 12 aft (back of the ship) on both port and starboard sides of the ship. These balconies provide quite areas to lay out and great places to watch events going on in the Aqua Theater. There is another "secret" balcony on deck 14 forward on the port (left side of the ship facing forward) side of the ship. This area is just in front of the Solarium but the only way to access this area is to walk down the port hallway to the very front of the ship.

One excursion that I would highly recommend is the Cozumel Bar Hop. This tour takes you to the "wild side" of Cozumel. You will visit four different bars all set on beautiful beaches.

Let me know if I can help with any other info.

Have a great cruise!

We did the western on Allure last month and have also done the western on Oasis. They are very big ships & the best advice is to enjoy every minute. There are endless things to do & see. Did you book your show times? Get to each show about 1/2 hr. early as it is open seating for the best choice. When you get to Labadee we head for Adrenelin beach. Jump on the trolly it will take you there. Try to go early as it will fill up fast. You can get a covered "clam shell" & chairs no charge just tip the beach attendant. From there you can easily get to the buffet rest rooms & shopping area as well as watch the zip liners go by. Our room was 11662 that is starboard aft & if you follow the corridor all the way aft you will come to the secret balcony. Nice view of the boardwalk, wake, & Oceanaria show etc. Use room service especialy if you have a balcony. Go to deck 14 Port side all the way forward & you will come out to the observation deck with mounted binoculars. Use valet service for $20. per person it is a great value, If you fly out on the day you disembark you put out your luggage the night before & dont see them again until your flight destination.Plus you get yiur boarding pass before you leave the ship. You are going to have a wonderful time on this ship .:cool:;)

A few tips:

Avoid the Windjammer. It's too small for the amount of guests on that class. There are many other free options around the ship to eat at. Try them all! ;):D

Johnny Rockets has free breakfast in the morning.

Do the zip line, rock wall and Flowriders earlier in the cruise if you can. They get busier the closer you get to the end since everyone want to try them before the end.

Don't miss the pretzel dogs at the Wipeout Cafe.

Park Cafe has awesome "egg McMuffins" for breakfast and roast beef sandwiches.

The observation deck above the bridge offers great views, you have to get there via the port side cabin corridor on deck 14.

Make reservations for the shows you want to see, especially the comedy show.

Edited by DarthGrady

You are going to have an amazing time. I just got off the Allure for the second time in March. It is an amazing ship.

Secret Spots: There are large public balconies on decks 11 & 12 aft (back of the ship) on both port and starboard sides of the ship. These balconies provide quite areas to lay out and great places to watch events going on in the Aqua Theater. There is another "secret" balcony on deck 14 forward on the port (left side of the ship facing forward) side of the ship. This area is just in front of the Solarium but the only way to access this area is to walk down the port hallway to the very front of the ship.

One excursion that I would highly recommend is the Cozumel Bar Hop. This tour takes you to the "wild side" of Cozumel. You will visit four different bars all set on beautiful beaches.

Let me know if I can help with any other info.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you! We did plan to do the bar hop excursion! and a snorkeling one! hope we can fit both in! :p

Annie R and DarthGrady.. Thanks for the tips! we are planning on having a relaxing beach day on Labadee! Rented a cabana for the first time! hope it goes well! cant wait to try the zip line! Grady..i have heard several times not to do the Windjammer! we shall see! and yes we have an ocenview balcony room on deck 9 AFT! hope it works out!

There are better places to eat than the Windjammer, but it isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Of course its going to be packed during peak hours, but we never had an issue finding a seat even on a sea day. It maybe not a seat at a window but you'll get one.

Annie R and DarthGrady.. Thanks for the tips! we are planning on having a relaxing beach day on Labadee! Rented a cabana for the first time! hope it goes well! cant wait to try the zip line! Grady..i have heard several times not to do the Windjammer! we shall see! and yes we have an ocenview balcony room on deck 9 AFT! hope it works out!

No problem, hope you have an awesome cruise!

I always bring those little Yankee candle scented jars to Mke my room smell amazing...try any of the tropical scents. Don't bring more that 4 pairs of shoes... Do bring flats there is a lot of walking as the ship is very long...do brings snacks that you like for excursions or ale night snacks...dont be afraid to explore in Jamaica nd Cozumel both are great stops and superior to labadee... Also make sure to try the food in the stops chicken nachos in Mexico are great

The sushi place and chops are not that great, the hot dog stand and Italian are really good so is the Brazilian and the free breakfast at Johnny rockets

The beach pool gets really crowded but you'll have no issues snagging a chair at the activity pool, if you watch a 3d movie be careful it's freezing in their and super dark...wear a bathing suit on the first day drop your things and hit the pools or hot tubs they'll be zero crowds

Most importantly don't sweat missing anything just go with a plan and relax

I always bring those little Yankee candle scented jars

I am not familiar with these--I hope they aren't true candles, as candles are prohibited on ships!

If they aren't, I may need to check these out!

I am not familiar with these--I hope they aren't true candles, as candles are prohibited on ships!

If they aren't, I may need to check these out!

They're not candles I'm to seasoned of a traveler to do something that crazy they are just small candle looking things they sell them I target and grocer stores either by the car things or in the candle section. They are very small and work perfectly for a cabin where they just leave a subtle smell.

We just got back from Oasis Western yesterday. It was such a great cruise. Our favorite day was Jamaica day. We booked a day at Hilton Rose Hall through Jamaica for a day ( just google "Jamaica for a day"). It was about $90 per person I think. It was very easy and very organized. It was about a 20 minute drive to a beautiful all inclusive resort. You end up getting a good 5 hours at the resort because you gain an hour ..the website says return time is 4:30, but it's acutally 5:30 ship time. Great swim up bar, lunch/snacks included, etc...All you can drink, and the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful (which was definitely NOT the case in Labadee, where we also rented a cabana at Nellies..the only way to go!). there is a "water park" with lazy river, some water slides, tube ride. And the beach/sand/blue water was absolutely beautiful and the best water/ beach by far out of the three ports. It was so warm and blue...just amazing!

My favorite places to escape from the crowds on sea days were Central Park ( I went to the Park Cafe often just to grab an iced-tea or a snack and it was a peaceful and quiet escape from the crazy pool deck when I needed a break). The other spot I found that I absolutely loved was the aft end of the walking/running track on sea days. If you need a break from the sun or crowds on a sea day, take a drink and a book there. There are plenty of chairs to sit on, prop your feet up on the railing and take in the beautiful blue wake as you cruise along. You will likely be the only person there, I was! They are wooden chairs though, so take a couple towel to sit on!

Our stateroom was on deck 12, so we also went to the aft public decks often, as others have mentioned.

Have a great cruise! It's so much fun planning !

We just got back from Oasis Western yesterday. It was such a great cruise. Our favorite day was Jamaica day. We booked a day at Hilton Rose Hall through Jamaica for a day ( just google "Jamaica for a day"). It was about $90 per person I think. It was very easy and very organized. It was about a 20 minute drive to a beautiful all inclusive resort. You end up getting a good 5 hours at the resort because you gain an hour ..the website says return time is 4:30, but it's acutally 5:30 ship time. Great swim up bar, lunch/snacks included, etc...All you can drink, and the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful (which was definitely NOT the case in Labadee, where we also rented a cabana at Nellies..the only way to go!). there is a "water park" with lazy river, some water slides, tube ride. And the beach/sand/blue water was absolutely beautiful and the best water/ beach by far out of the three ports. It was so warm and blue...just amazing!

My favorite places to escape from the crowds on sea days were Central Park ( I went to the Park Cafe often just to grab an iced-tea or a snack and it was a peaceful and quiet escape from the crazy pool deck when I needed a break). The other spot I found that I absolutely loved was the aft end of the walking/running track on sea days. If you need a break from the sun or crowds on a sea day, take a drink and a book there. There are plenty of chairs to sit on, prop your feet up on the railing and take in the beautiful blue wake as you cruise along. You will likely be the only person there, I was! They are wooden chairs though, so take a couple towel to sit on!

Our stateroom was on deck 12, so we also went to the aft public decks often, as others have mentioned.

Have a great cruise! It's so much fun planning !

AHHH This makes me so excited, I paid for this SAME package at the same place for my upcoming cruise. Glad you had a great time! :o

so excited to be on the allure in 14 days! 2 weeks yeah! and im glad you told me about the jamaica day..did you order that through RC or off of the boat? that sounds like something i would be interested in !:o

Just my .02 worth... the Windjammer on the Allure was indeed smaller, with a more limited menu than other RCI ships we have sailed. However, we found the food there to be better than any other WJ. But yes, there is an amazing array of food options, and every one of them are good. Oops... I didn't like the donuts on the Boardwalk. No real loss. It was still a neat option.

Labadee was a very pleasant surprise to us. The BBQ was tasty, the entire area very nice, although if you go past the enclosed marketplace, the sellers can be a bit on the aggressive side, but we didn't find any to be rude. The clothes aren't anything that can't be found in a US Wal-Mart (for less! and most come from India or Asia) but you can't always get a genuine ugly painting on a piece of cardboard at Wal-Mart. Something for every taste, I guess.

We did the Wave Runners and LOVED IT! Our first time riding them, so we were a little saddle-sore when we got off. I would do it again, but either first thing in the morning or later in the day so we could enjoy the beautiful beach for a longer time.

I am sooo jealous... have a fabulous time.

so excited to be on the allure in 14 days! 2 weeks yeah! and im glad you told me about the jamaica day..did you order that through RC or off of the boat? that sounds like something i would be interested in !:o

Google "Jamaica for a day"...then click on the rose hall option. It is NOT booked through the cruise, and I was a little worried too, but honestly, it was super organized and as long as you get right off the boat when it docks and go to the excursion tents (very easy to find the Jamaica for a day people), you'll be fine. No one missed our bus either way, and it was a pretty full bus.

Have fun!

For a great sailaway souvenir, go to http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/. There is a link at the bottom of the page called "Request-a-wave". If you don't have a balcony on starboard side (the only side the cam can "see" on sailaway), the best spot to stand would be the starboard bridgewing on deck 14 (the secret forward balcony in front of the solarium) next to the binoculars. Try to wear some bright colors, so you will be able to recognize yourself on the video. It also helps if you have a banner you can wave or attach to the railing. After the cruise, you can go to the website again and watch yourself sailing away. If you like, you can also buy and download an HD version for your own vacation video for example.

If you weren't able to get the dining or show times you wanted online, try to be at the pier as early as possible, so you will be among the first to board. Then go directly to the dining room and ask them for your favorite dining time, they should be able to accomodate you. After that, go straight to Studio B where you can as for the showtimes you would like. Worked out absolutely great for us.

If you want to give a wave to friends during your cruise, take a look at http://kroooz-cams.com/allure/allure1.php Under the webcam picture, there are links to the online webcams onboard Allure at the Aqua Theatre, at one of the FlowRiders, at the promenade and near the zip line exit. Make a mental note which areas can be seen on those cams and once on the ship go there and send a textmessage or e-mail to friends to look for you on the webcam. Stay there for at least a minute or even better until you get a confirmation back from your friends, as the images only update about every 60 seconds. You could also ask your friends to take a screen capture of the image where you can be seen and then you have another unique souvenir of your cruise.

The solarium bistro is a great quiet spot for lunch on embarkation day, as most guests are not aware of it being open.

For Jamaica, try this tour company: http://www.jaital.com/tours-and-excursions-in-falmouth-trelawny-jamaica-17.html

We had our own driver and he took us anywhere we wanted. We did both river tubing and Dunns Falls. Better rates than the ship.

Stay on the ship in Labadee.

Book all of your shows ASAP, the waiting line rarely gets in, especially for the smaller venues. Do not miss a show, they are top-notch!

Sign all of your waivers for the flowrider, etc even if you don't plan on doing anything. So many people held up the line when they had to sign their waivers after they decided they wanted to give them a shot.

Don't bother with the specialty restaurants, the MDR is perfectly fine. We enjoyed every meal. If you can't decide on something, order both!

Prepare yourself for constant selling. The photos are quality, but way overpriced!