Yet another Early Saver Question

cruizinpooh

Hi!

I'm sure this may have been asked and responded to before. However, I have just done a search and gotten nowhere as well as scroll back to page 10 to see if I could find the answer without having to ask.

So, our question is can you be honored a lower rate even though your specific category is no longer offered but others higher are offered and way lower that the one you booked?

My situation is, we booked an 8C and currently there are no 8C's left. However, 8D, 8E, 8F, 8G, 8P are all available and all are lower than what we booked our 8C for. Can we be given anything?

We really do not want to switch cabin since this is for a B2B sailing that we have the same cabin booked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ES says you have to be in the category you are price matching to.

For instance I was in 1As that sold out, but regular insides were cheaper.. they moved me to a regular inside without asking me when I requested to price match to a higher category, but I knew that was possible.

You would probably have to be prepared to move to the other category to price match to be within the rules. Is the OBC worth it? For me it was worth $120 so I let them move me.

or you could gamble that someone else will upgrade and a 8C open up that is cheaper.. keep watching.

PS I didnt really want to move because I was in a 1A with portholes...and they consider a regular inside a upgrade..but for $120 I moved..luckily they moved me up to Lido deck at least...nice deck to get. But I would rather have seen out, but as a solo cruiser, the $120 was worth more to me.

I've gotten price drops before without upgrading. I would call your PVP.

if all those other categories are still available, I have to think 8Cs are coming and going? that they could find one and price match to it.

just have to keep watching.

My PVP says they tell them not to submit the ES form.. but mine did once in my name last minute when I was leaving for my cruise... but it still has to go to the price drop ES dept.

All I know is that when we saw a price drop last night, my friend called our PVP and he fixed our prices right then.

Last year though our category was sold out, but I was able to price match. I just marked on the form OBC and in the comments I put "OBC only no upgrades."

All I know is that when we saw a price drop last night, my friend called our PVP and he fixed our prices right then.

Last year though our category was sold out, but I was able to price match. I just marked on the form OBC and in the comments I put "OBC only no upgrades."

I put in the comments, "I would prefer not to be moved" .. they moved me.

So I guess my language was not strong enough.

Archived