Accomodations in FLL?

jackpine

Just wondering if anyone can offer some tips on overnight accomodations in Fort Lauderdale? Just need (1) night pre-cruise. Nothing fancy, just modest accomodations, close to airport and ship. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've done some research but I'm not really sure about the distances from aiport/hotel/ship and there seems to be many hotels in the area. Thanks!!!!

Try Priceline. Choose the Downtown area - 3 star. You will have a very good chance of getting either the Marriott Marina or Embassy Suites. Both are very close to the docks. You should be able to get either one with an 80 dollar bid.

Try Priceline. Choose the Downtown area - 3 star. You will have a very good chance of getting either the Marriott Marina or Embassy Suites. Both are very close to the docks. You should be able to get either one with an 80 dollar bid.

Embassy Suites hasnt been won on priceline in months, rumor has that since many cruiselines use it as a precruise hotel, they no longer participate on priceline.

I would also suggest Amerisuites..2.5 Downtown. Free shuttle from airport and to port. Free parking and breakfast. Can usually be had for a $50 bid on priceline.

We've stayed at the Comfort Inn and will do so again in October. I book it through hotelkingdom.com It's around $55 and they have a shuttle from the airport and to the pier. I like it over priceline because your not taking the risk of staying at a hotel with no shuttle.

I don't think there has been a successful bid for 3* downtown all year. I bid for 3* and got upgraded to the Renaissance Hotel for $55 per night. You can also get the Amerisuites on Priceline for about $50 per night. It is a 2 1/2 * hotel in downtown. It's the only 2 1/2 * in that area.

Bill

• 1 month later...
Embassy Suites hasnt been won on priceline in months, rumor has that since many cruiselines use it as a precruise hotel, they no longer participate on priceline.

I would also suggest Amerisuites..2.5 Downtown. Free shuttle from airport and to port. Free parking and breakfast. Can usually be had for a $50 bid on priceline.

Hi all,

Just wondering when is a good time to try and bid for a room on Priceline for a Jan 06 pre-cruise room?

Thanks,

ScubaJohn02

Last cruise it took me almsot 6 weeks of bidding every 72 hours to finally get accepted. Using priceline you will need patience. Since sailing in January-- you can afford to bid every 72 hours. Good luck

We are cruising in Feb. out of Fort Lauderdale too, and I am waiting to try the Priceline game also. It is far out and no one is getting any bites. But just in case that fails, we have back up reservations we can cancel if I get a Priceline deal. I was amazed at how many hotels that I directly tried to get a rate through were booked already. Wanted to book directly so that I could possibly cancel if a better deal comes along. Look to this site for tips on using Priceline, BiddingForTravel. Great info and tips, and it tells you winning bids that have been posted.

We are sailing on Feb. 5, staying the 3rd and 4th in Fort Lauderdale. Wasn't me with the marina, I wouldn't spend that much pre-cruise either, I would rather spend it while I'm on the cruise. I reserved at the Hampton Inn on Andrews for our back up reservation in case Priceline doesn't yield a better rate at a better hotel. When are you sailing Serene?

Archived