Faster to the Fun?

Now that I have actual experience with it, I will try to get FTTF every time we sail. We didn't even get to get on early as we were late getting down to Port Everglades but I live 35 minutes from Canaveral so future cruises will most likely be from there and we can get there in the morning.

But the guest services and priority tender more than made up for missing the earlier boarding time. I generally always skipped 10~20 people in the regular line. (Being newbies we had a lot of dumb questions and probably went there to ask them 5 or 6 times during the week. The staff at GS were infinitely patient and a joy to deal with. )

And then debarkation morning we just walked off the ship with everyone else and joined a relatively fast-moving line and were through customs and out waiting for our shuttle to the Park and Fly maybe a half hour from when we started.

Keep on trying. more will free up. They almost always do

I assume you are trying to book it for 4 separate rooms? the $210. is a strange number to me. for a 4 nighter it will be 49.95 (199.80 total) and for a 5+ nighter its 59.95 (239.80). I dont see how the math can come to 210.00 no matter how many rooms. just curious to your math on this

Thank you, Professor. ;) Ours is a 7 night, 3 cabin cruise. About $180. MY main point was this waiting, and checking back every day and blah blah blah feels like Carnival is pulling our chains to me ...

Our last cruise was in June this year, booked it a year ahead also and same thing. Finally one has to reach a point where enough is enough. We never got FTTF on our last cruise, no matter how many times I checked. NEVER AGAIN. We will just rough it, wait our turn in queue and keep our money. Carnival can take their FTTF and ...

Thank you for the encouraging words, though.

Edited by clearwaters

We purchased FTTF for our upcoming cruise on the Paradise. I don't see any mention anywhere about returning to the ship via tender.

Does FTTF get you to the front of the tender line to go back to the ship?

No. There is no FTTF, Diamond or Platinum perk for front of line taking tender back to ship. That won't stop the clueless chucklehead, who purchased FTTF, waving their S&S card, trying to walk to the front of the return tender line. They will typically argue with the tender crew. It actually provides for good entertainment :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

• 3 weeks later...
I am sailing in July. Faster to the Fun is already sold out for my ship.

I have heard that I may be able to book closer to the cruise. Has anyone had experience with this? Should I keep checking back?

Check every day multiple times a day. I am sure (since you are close to a year our) more will open up. It depends on several factors like how many platinums book.

I have gotten FTTF a month out from sailing and many others have too. Be persistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sailing in July. Faster to the Fun is already sold out for my ship.

I have heard that I may be able to book closer to the cruise. Has anyone had experience with this? Should I keep checking back?

I successfully got an fttf closer to the cruise date. Just keep looking. Look at odd times, like after midnight. If you're on your roll call, people are usually looking out and posting. Once I got mine, I would IM others if I saw some available.

I'm hoping the same is true. I just booked a November cruise. I'm not hopeful, but I check when I think of it. My husband has mobility issues and I like it just for the fact he can rest a bit once we get on the ship and drop our bags in the room.

We got Fttf 2weeks before sail. I hear it's great. A couple things opened up for us after purchasing Fttf, like:

-We are able to check in at 10a vs 10:30-11:00. Prior to booking Fttf, the 10a check in wasn't available at all. We want to check in and embark as soon as possible because we have paid for a 4 day cruise, not a 3.5 day cruise.

-We had late dining @8:15 since it was the only thing available and everything else was wait listed, but after booking Fttf, YTD became available along with the other two dining spots so we switched to YTD, which is what we initially wanted.

We are anxious to find out if the room is truly ready when we embark w/luggage in the room.

We still have a longgggggg time till we even come close to plat or diamond so Fttf will be purchased from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. There is no FTTF, Diamond or Platinum perk for front of line taking tender back to ship. That won't stop the clueless chucklehead, who purchased FTTF, waving their S&S card, trying to walk to the front of the return tender line. They will typically argue with the tender crew. It actually provides for good entertainment :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

WHAT?!

Lol omg. Really?? The only reason I was bummed out about FTTF being sold out was because I read it applies to tender ports!

So how does it apply if it doesn't give priority back to the ship?

WHAT?!

Lol omg. Really?? The only reason I was bummed out about FTTF being sold out was because I read it applies to tender ports!

So how does it apply if it doesn't give priority back to the ship?

I think it's priority tender off the boat but not back on

We've had it twice and loved it both times. I wouldn't call it a waste at all. And did go up? Cause when we got in last Nov it was $50 not $60. Also the fact that you only have to buy it once for the whole room and not per person is awesome. I made the mistake of buying twice one time :)

...We are anxious to find out if the room is truly ready when we embark w/luggage in the room.

Hi sheeniwoo, you should be able to get in your room and drop off your carry on bags but that doesn't mean your checked luggage will be there as soon as you get in. It will come soon though if not there. Our 2 bags arrived at different times even...hers an hour or so after we got in the cabin and mine not until about 5. Plenty of time to dress for early dining in MDR though.

So if there's something you absolutely must have when you get to your room, best to put it in your carry-on.

Edit to add that's also good reason to cross pollinate your luggage - assuming 2 people and 2 bags, put one of your outfits in theirs and one of theirs in yours so if only one bag shows up when you need it at least you both have something to wear. Scale up or down according to cruise length and number of people.

Edited by originalgeek

Of we had our kids with us then yes so we can get rid of all our bags and not wait in lines at tender ports as long but for just my dh and I no. We are laid back with no place to go for a week and we'd rather spend the money in the steakhouse. We don't care if we get to the fun fast:)

Edited by smyliecruising

A spur of rhe moment decision, we booked a cruise for the end of November and FTTF is sold out. Ugggg i hope they open it back up! I think it is SO worth the money!!

FTTF opened up for my September sailing for almost a week. It's closed now. Glad I bought it while it was available.