Bringing non-alcoholic beverages in carry on

Karysa

On top of a bottle of wine are passengers allowed to bring non-alcoholic beverages? MADD makes a delicious non-alcoholic sangria that is perfect for those of us who cant' drink in the heat :D! If this is allowed, is there a limit and would 2 bottles pp be permitted? Thanks:)

From their website :

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

Summary

Alcohol/Hard Liquor/Beer (including Non-Alcoholic Beer)· not permitted

Non-Alcoholic Beverages· maximum of 12 sealed, unopened bottlesand/or cans, 20 ounces each or less, per guest

Non-Alcoholic Beer not permitted

Wine/Champagne - one bottle, 750 milliliters or less, per guest 21 years and older, one box of wine, 1.5 liters or less, will be permitted, if shared among 2 guests 21 years or older

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans, 20 ounces each or less) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the last morning of the cruise – guests will need to claim their items at a designated lounge. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

Coolers: Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process and therefore large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

I could probably pass the non- alcoholic wine off as wine and then just purchase wine on board. Do they sell non- alcoholic sangria or non-alcoholic wine on board? I could do it the other way around if they do.

Thanks for the help so far:)

Speaking of non-alcoholic drinks....our five year-old only drinks rice milk due to an intolerance to regular cow's milk. I am assuming that we could take 12 small milk boxes for him to drink and have with cereal? Does anyone know about that? They are non-alcoholic drinks! :) Or have any of you experienced cruisers seen rice milk onboard to save us from carrying it on?

Speaking of non-alcoholic drinks....our five year-old only drinks rice milk due to an intolerance to regular cow's milk. I am assuming that we could take 12 small milk boxes for him to drink and have with cereal? Does anyone know about that? They are non-alcoholic drinks! :) Or have any of you experienced cruisers seen rice milk onboard to save us from carrying it on?

I have heard of others who contact the dietary department per-cruise with such concerns. Good Luck:)

I am sure I read somewhere that all drinks must be FACTORY SEALED so homemade drinks in any unsealed bottles may not be allowed, and furthermore discarded due to health and safety.

I guess you could so some of the water bottle seal tricks as seen on youtube with it.

I am sure I read somewhere that all drinks must be FACTORY SEALED so homemade drinks in any unsealed bottles may not be allowed, and furthermore discarded due to health and safety.

I guess you could so some of the water bottle seal tricks as seen on youtube with it.

I would think that for security reasons alone this would be the rule.:)

My problem is I'm scheduled to take medication before we board, which means opening a bottle of water. There's no water fountains in the check in area either. I usually end up taking in an almost empty bottle of water and tossing it before boarding :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

With medical clearance you will be able to take on as much as your son will need. Been there done that.

With medical clearance you will be able to take on as much as your son will need. Been there done that.

Ask special needs for a cooler/mini-bar to keep it fresh (or lots of ice) if your cabin isn't equipped with one.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Archived