Laundry on the Dawn

kiberkid

Our next cruise will be on the Dawn which we have never sailed on before. I looked at the deck plans and could not see a self serve laundry. Is the Dawn equipped with one?

Does the Dawn have a laundry special, ie $XXX for as much as you can cram into a bag?

We will be on a 14 cruise & I don't want to bring 14 days worth of clothes. Would prefer to wash them & leave some room in the suitcase for shopping.

We haven't cruised on NCL for several years and are excited to booked on NCL again.

One technique discussed here is to bring duct tape so you can really fill that bag and close it!

Also, I recall seeing that on long cruises like yours they have two specials. We have also had a first day press only special for wrinkled things.

Have a wonderful cruise!

$24.95 per bag. The key is to roll the items. My record is 53 or 54 items in one bag. Have been told that they don't care if the bag is ripped or falling apart, spilling over the top etc.

Wow, you must have tiny clothes :D Those of us with larger than average size clothes have been able to fit 30ish items. Just another reason for me to lose weight. So I can fit more laundry into that darn bag.

Wow, you must have tiny clothes :D Those of us with larger than average size clothes have been able to fit 30ish items. Just another reason for me to lose weight. So I can fit more laundry into that darn bag.

A lot of those items were underwear and socks but have done this bag thing several times. I just roll, roll, roll and stuff into every little crevice. My son and husband's cargo shorts are the worst with those pockets. Polo shirts suck too. I always seem to do the "just one more thing" for the mere fact to try. And yes, it does overflow out the top. I have reinforced with duct tape as well.

Never did see a laundry bag in our room on our recent Dawn cruise so if you can find your room steward ask him for one. Our room steward never introduced himself and I never did find out his name. DH talked to him once in the hallway to report that our toilet was not working. I did say good morning to one in the hallway who I believe was the one assiged to our room.

Never did see a laundry bag in our room on our recent Dawn cruise so if you can find your room steward ask him for one. Our room steward never introduced himself and I never did find out his name. DH talked to him once in the hallway to report that our toilet was not working. I did say good morning to one in the hallway who I believe was the one assiged to our room.

We didn't have one either but asked our steward for it. When we needed a second bag, couldn't find him so we just asked another steward down the hall.

• 2 weeks later...

what if you brought one of the bags that you fill and then suck all the air out and then put it in the laundry bag.....i bet i could bet the 53 then no matter what size you are

David

what if you brought one of the bags that you fill and then suck all the air out and then put it in the laundry bag.....i bet i could bet the 53 then no matter what size you are

David

Are you going to bring your own vacuum or whatever necessary to suck out all the air? :D

David

Are you going to bring your own vacuum or whatever necessary to suck out all the air? :D

I am actually loving this idea and will try it next time.

You can get the bags at the Dollar Tree. Do not need a vacuum. If you have the kind that do need a vacuum, many people have asked the cabin steward.

I am actually loving this idea and will try it next time.

You can get the bags at the Dollar Tree. Do not need a vacuum. If you have the kind that do need a vacuum, many people have asked the cabin steward.

Wow, I never realized a vacuum wasn't required! Next stop Dollar Tree. I'm leaving in a few days and have 2 7 day cruises booked with a couple days in between. I'm platinum so get a free bag of laundry on each cruise. I actually thought I would end up doing a load at the hotel between cruises, but if I can get NCL to do as much as possible toward the end of the 1st cruise and then send out more stuff on day 2 of 2nd cruise, I may not have to do laundry on my vacation! woo hoo.

I'm traveling with my son, and although he technically is platinum, he is a minor so I get no platinum benefits for him, so only one free bag

Wow, I never realized a vacuum wasn't required! Next stop Dollar Tree. I'm leaving in a few days and have 2 7 day cruises booked with a couple days in between. I'm platinum so get a free bag of laundry on each cruise. I actually thought I would end up doing a load at the hotel between cruises, but if I can get NCL to do as much as possible toward the end of the 1st cruise and then send out more stuff on day 2 of 2nd cruise, I may not have to do laundry on my vacation! woo hoo.

I'm traveling with my son, and although he technically is platinum, he is a minor so I get no platinum benefits for him, so only one free bag

Let us know how it turns out.

I have used the bags many times before. The ones from the Dollar Tree are not the best quality but they are certainly cheaper than the ones from anywhere else. Think they are $5 for three or four bags of different sizes. Only thing you have to watch if you are using for your checked luggage is the weight is still the same. I love using the bags as my clothes don't get wrinkled either. Only a pain if you are staying somewhere prior to unpacking for the cruise and you need to get some items out and then have to pack them again. While there you should get a pop up hamper too.

Let us know how it turns out.

I have used the bags many times before. The ones from the Dollar Tree are not the best quality but they are certainly cheaper than the ones from anywhere else. Think they are $5 for three or four bags of different sizes. Only thing you have to watch if you are using for your checked luggage is the weight is still the same. I love using the bags as my clothes don't get wrinkled either. Only a pain if you are staying somewhere prior to unpacking for the cruise and you need to get some items out and then have to pack them again. While there you should get a pop up hamper too.

I Always do the pop up hamper. I also have 22 days on the Epic scheduled for October, so laundry is definitely an issue. Will test out the bags for this upcoming trip and hope they work.

I planned on packing a small overnight bag for pre cruise hotel, so even if I use the bags in the checked luggage, I will have a few things lose. Will definitely watch the weight of checked bags. Thus the reason for wanting to do laundry. Trying to pack as little as possible

Question for those of you that have had NCL laundry service, were you happy with the results? We have cotton shirts, I am wondering about srinkage. I usually tumble part way and then hang dry. We are doing a 14 day cruise soon so just wondering. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The laundry special was available on the Dawn last week (May 10-17 to Bermuda). It was available on the second sea day (first day after we left Bermuda) and was $25 for a full bag as reported in previous post. We did the math and figured that it would normally have cost us $73 to have everything in the bag cleaned. And we didn't even have duct tape with us...

Archived