Vancouver hotels

Kissara22

We have a very large group, somewhat a family reunion meeting up June for our one way from B.C. to Whittier...Some have to fly in early and I'm just completely clueless on how to book the hotel. After pricing I see some are in the few hundred dollar range for one night. Basically we'd love to skip the car rental and go straight to the hotel and just be able to walk around the entertainment/downtown district and then just cab it the pier on the day of debarktation. Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million,

Sara! :)

A good hotel for family groups is the Rosedale on Robson St. It is convenient to shopping and many restaurants and is a suite hotel. The downside is that it is about an 11 block walk to the cruise terminal at Canada Place.

A suite hotel that would put you about 5 blocks from Canada Place is Delta Suites on Hastings St. It is close to Gastown and restaurants.

Vancouver's entertainment district tends to be just bars and cinemas...not very exciting.

You certainly don't need a car in Vancouver. Downtown from YVR is about a $35 cab fare, if your hotel is close to a Canada Line station then you can do that for $9 pp, or if there is a group of you there may be economy in a limo.

Cab fares from most downtown hotels to Canada Place will run about $10 but our cabs tend to be mainly Prius in size so will hold 4 average sized adults (max) and their luggage.

http://www.yvr.ca/Libraries/PGT_documents/2012_-_2013_Aerocar_YVR_Curbside_Rates.sflb.ashx

Have you considered a "vacation rental", a privately owned house, condo or townhouse that the owners rent out by the day or week? Whether or not it is a good value price-wise would probably depend on how many people and how many days you'd want the accommodation for.

We have a vacation rental near us that sleeps 20 people :eek: A friend owns one that sleeps 8. So there is a variety of sizes and price points available.

I'm just thinking that if it is a family reunion type of thing, a common living area, and a kitchen, might be rather nice.

Rosedale is good but not great. The location is about 5 to 10 mins walk from where you want to be, and maybe about 15 mins from Canada Place, maybe a bit less depending on your pace.

I'd recommend putting in some lowball offers for multiple rooms on Priceline. I stay in Vancouver about 3 or 4 times a year and end up paying $85 to 95 per night. Here's a list of known Vancouver hotels on Priceline.

Enjoy your stay.

We have a very large group, somewhat a family reunion meeting up June for our one way from B.C. to Whittier...Some have to fly in early and I'm just completely clueless on how to book the hotel. After pricing I see some are in the few hundred dollar range for one night. Basically we'd love to skip the car rental and go straight to the hotel and just be able to walk around the entertainment/downtown district and then just cab it the pier on the day of debarktation. Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million,

Sara! :)

When you say very large group, how many rooms are you talking about? You could also call a hotel you are interested in staying at to see if they will give you a group rate. That could cut down the cost of the hotel a little bit.

I'm still searching and completely forgot about my post here. I feel so silly, and you've all been a great help. We're flying in from all over the country on different days, so a vacation rental would have been perfect had we planned on arriving at the same time. Thanks for the priceline idea as well and the link of hotels. Right now, I'm just looking for my family, who arrives three days pre-cruise, and that includes myself, my husband and two teens. Thank you all again...I've procrastinated way too long on this waiting on everyone else and their plans. Sigh, whew...huge relief and so glad I finally remembered this inquiry. :)

Archived