when you have 2 formal night!!!

Hey quick question about formal night...I was thinking about wearing a bridesmaids dress on one of the nights (if I can manage to squeeze into it) its navy blue, a-line, floor length. Thought it might be fun to wear. Am I going to get weird looks wearing something that formal? We're on the oasis if that means anything

Definitely not. I have worn a bridesmaids dress (one shoulder, black, floor length) on two cruises and I have only ever had compliments!

In what universe is that formal? OK, I know. I'm old fashioned. But sorry, in my world that is NOT formal attire.

I don't suppose you'd consider wearing the suit both nights with a different shirt and tie, or maybe going to the buffet on the second formal night?

Nah, I didn't think so. I'm fighting a losing battle. ;)

To the OP, I can't tell where you live, if you will need to fly or drive, but my thought was similar to SuitCaseBears. It would be easier and take up less luggage space to wear the same suit with a different shirt and tie. In my experience, men's jackets take up an awful lot of suitcase space.

Hi everybody,

How many formal nights are to be expected on a 16 night Transatlantic cruise ?

Thank you

Depends on the ship, but I would guess that you would have 3 formal nights. We had 3 on a 13 night TA.

I am not sure which night would be more formal, but it looks like you got some great answers!

With regard to formal nights, I also have a question. Sorry I didn't create a new thread.

We are going on a 12 night cruise. Our formal nights are the 2nd and 6th night so far, and potentially a third. Is the first night consistently the Captain's dinner? I called RCCL and they said the captain's night is usually the last formal night, but I don't think she was entirely sure. I am wondering this because if it is a port day are the formal nights usually later on so that there is time to get ready if you are coming back from an excursion?

Thank you!

Archived