Cinque Terre

mysticdream

We were planning to go to Cinque Terre from Geneoa on our May cruise. I have read that the "Path of Love" has been closed due to a landslide. Is it still worth going to Cinque Terre if we can't do the hike. It is a fairly expensive excursion so I want to ensure there is still a lot to see and there are good photo opportunities.

Thanks for any advice

We were planning to go to Cinque Terre from Geneoa on our May cruise. I have read that the "Path of Love" has been closed due to a landslide. Is it still worth going to Cinque Terre if we can't do the hike. It is a fairly expensive excursion so I want to ensure there is still a lot to see and there are good photo opportunities.

Thanks for any advice

The "Path of Love" really isn't a hike, it's more of a stroll. That is not the only thing to do in Cinque Terre. There are excellent photo ops in all the towns. In Vernazza, hike (this one IS a hike) up the hill a little past the ticket hut towards Monterosso. There is a wonderful overlook of the village and it's harbor. You can have your own "postcard" shot there. In Monterosso, at the end of the village by the beach, there is this house (well, it was there before the sides) that has rather large sculptures built into it. One is like a large Neptune. In Manarolo, there are the colorful fishing boats there, waiting for their photo op.

Definitely things to do!

Archived