Magic cruisers who have used park & cruise question

CENTEX CRUISER

Can someone tell me if you walked or rolled your bags across the street when you used Park & Cruise ? If so , was it very inconvenient? We just got off the Mariner and a friend picked us up , and the traffic in front of the terminal was a nightmare, and I thought we might try Park & Cruise for a change. Also, their gated parking portion looks to be pretty small from satellite view,and I was wondering if it is really cramped? Thanks for any help..

There are several park and cruise lots along Harborside in Galveston. Some of them are simple to walk from (like the garage right across the street) and the others provide shuttles.

Many of the hotels have free cruise parking for staying just one night. That's what we always do since we always go in a day early. Then we just take a cab to the pier. From most anywhere on the island a cab is only going to be about $20 including tip. Some of the hotels that offer free cruise parking also have shuttles to/from the pier.

I walked my bags across, but since it was a four day we only had a couple of medium size rollers and a couple of carry-ons. Large rollers probably wouldn't be any more of a problem, and it's short enough walk that you could probably attach a smaller bag to the larger bag if you needed to.

I've used Park & Cruise twice, once on a Sunday when both Magic and Mariner were sailing and it didn't seem cramped at all. Parking was very quick and easy. I'm guessing that since you book online they cut it off at a certain number of vehicles.

We have used that lot twice and love it! Both times we drove through the drop off at the terminal and gave our bags to a porter, and then one of us stayed with the luggage when we returned and the other went for the car. It was easier and faster than when we had previously used the parking lots that you rode the shuttle to....we'll never park anywhere else now. And we never had an issue with not having enough room to park. If you don't have much luggage it certainly would not be a problem to just roll it across the street either.

We have reserved an indoor garage space at Galveston Park and Cruise. The You Tube video convinced us. If you go on You Tube, search Galveston Park and Cruise and watch the video of the interview with the owner.

The indoor is only about 15 bucks more than the outside. To me, 15 bucks more for a 7 day cruise is worth keeping the residue, bird droppings, etc off your car.

We used Galveston Park and Cruise last October and will again in June. The indoor was an empty building, we were early and drove right in and parked as directed so that when we returned we were able to drive directly out. First time I dropped husband, son and bags with porters and then had a devil of a time with traffic getting to the place because the guys directing traffic sent me way up and around. This time we will park first and walk our rolling bags across. Don't want to fool with the port traffic guys again.

When we got off last time, we self debarked and we walked our bags over and drove away.

We have used Galveston Park n cruise the last several years & are very satisfied. We don't over pack & have no problem rolling our luggage to the terminal. We lift our bags over the old railroad tracks just to save our wheels. Learned that the hard way. You will already be at your car by the time others are still loading into shuttles.

As others have said, the indoor parking is tight but an attendant is there to assist you.

Happy Cruising!!

We used the park-n-cruise right across the street from the terminal. We paid a little extra for the indoor parking and they parked us in the yellow building. They told me that the warehouse would be locked up tight until the next Sunday when we returned. I highly recommend this place.

You can certainly walk your luggage across the street, but we dropped the luggage at the terminal and I went and parked the car and walked back across the street. On the return trip we cleared customs and I went for the car while the porter dropped off the luggage curbside. We were on the road at 8:05 am.

We used Park N Cruise for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was great. We did what most said they had done. My wife stayed with the bags while I went across the street and got the car. It took less than five minutes. We had used Lighthouse twice and it's good, but there's a shuttle involved, which could mean a short wait, and it's several blocks if you walk. Plus, tipping if you use the shuttle.

We used Park N Cruise last year and loved it. It is so convenient but since they were not planning to park Princess passengers this year we used BOI Valet. They are right on the corner where the red light is. They are actually closer than Park N Cruise. They park your car for you and you just walk across the street to the terminal. We love being able to park this way. It is so convenient.

Archived