MSC improving....what next??

sharecruises

IMHO MSC has improved a lot

the new buffet hours, selections,

the juices available....and many other new things (I listed in another post)

One thing : everyone agrees the ships are beautiful and sparkling clean clean clean

I do feel the next step they need to take is to work on their website usability AND "customer service" skills

They say they know their websites are behind....and are going to overhaul them

I think they should also get better customer service people, or retrain the ones they have. Things like the tour desk, future cruise desk, front desk, accounting and office in Fort Lauderdale could all benefit from attitude adjustment. JMO

The service at the UK office has improved considerably in the last year. My last 4 bookings were handled very well and when I had cause to contact them about various things, also no problem.

The websitemon the over hand is an absolute nightmare and seems ro be getting worse rather than better. Until they completely overhaul it, I'm not using it for booking my cruises. It seems tom work OK for adding sap or drinks packages on to an existing booking. If I were them, I'd make this my top priority.

?......

I think they should also get better customer service people, or retrain the ones they have. Things like the tour desk, future cruise desk, front desk, accounting and office in Fort Lauderdale could all benefit from attitude adjustment. JMO

I agree with you. From our very modest experience with this cruise line and comparing with other cruise lines we have the feeling that there is room for improvement at the level of management interaction with clients.

I remember a fellow cruiser (All aboard in his blog from Santos to Venecia with the MSC Fantasia) wrote once that MSC has to realise that they are transporting people and not cargo (refering probably to MSC first steps). At that moment, I did not understand very well what the fellow cruiser meant. But maybe there is something there....

• 4 weeks later...

Who cares if Sharecruises is a TA? people can and do make up their own minds and the Majority do not need someone to hold their hands and tell them if a certain ship has a wrap around promenade!

Who cares if Sharecruises is a TA? people can and do make up their own minds and the Majority do not need someone to hold their hands and tell them if a certain ship has a wrap around promenade!

Did somebody say wrap around promenade!

MSC invokes strong opinions positive & negative.

Since I am a black member with MSC, I obviously enjoy their product. However, I am not oblivious to various shortcomings, which can and do, occur, on various ships, with management, crew, AND with other passengers !

That said, I still do not understand why pmacher61 feels the need to resort to personal comments, rather than discussion of the OP's original comment.

I agree. I was struggling to empathise with this poster. If ever I involve other people it is 1) because it is a good deal (for them) and 2) I would appreciate their company. This is a moan about MSC offering better deals than the "I am not an agent". I have no sympathy. He/She should work his socks or her stockings off to ensure that his/her clients have better deals than could otherwise be obtained.

Execution. Sorry.

The thing that mystifies me pmacher, is why you spend so much time on here? I'm not saying you have no right to be, just intrigued why someone who found a line lacking so long ago who continue to spend time posting about it. Unlike share cruiser who expresses a variety of opinions, both good and bad, you are fairly consistent in your view that MSC are the worst. Perhaps it is you who have the agenda?

That is a mystery. I had not come across PM until the recent tiff here. Are you saying that PM does not actually cruise with MSC or intend to cruise with MSC?

That is a mystery. I had not come across PM until the recent tiff here. Are you saying that PM does not actually cruise with MSC or intend to cruise with MSC?

He had one cruise a while back which fell short of expectations. Since then he is a regular here, continuing to point out their failings and cc polls.

He had one cruise a while back which fell short of expectations. Since then he is a regular here, continuing to point out their failings and cc polls.

Schhhhhhhhhhh!

<whisper>Don't mention the cc polls. It'll all kick off again!<\whisper>

Just out of interest, have any of us "MSC lovers" done a positive review for these polls?

I have to be honest I haven't done one for my Poesia cruise last year although the much viewed live blog was one big positive review.

Just out of interest, have any of us "MSC lovers" done a positive review for these polls?

I have to be honest I haven't done one for my Poesia cruise last year although the much viewed live blog was one big positive review.

I wrote a review but only after seeing the MSC Musica was the second worse ship ever in the polls. I felt compelled to condense the 'live' review into something a little more manageable and give the marks she deserved.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=219934

I should do the same for the Fantasia blog too but that is a daunting editing task. It would be as easy to turn it into a film.

I am not concerned about the low poll score or the bad comments. I would rather these people keep away and put each other off.

papcx .... I have a half finished one on the Poesia from last November, maybe one day when i have time i might get it finished but then again the Opera cruise is just a few weeks away so it may never be finished.

I posted mine within weeks of my cruise, an overall 4/5 cruise, but I would think it's a fair representation of my experience.

Whether others would want to take it as a positive or a negative review is beyond my control. :cool:

What s/he said!

Hi, I was aboard the Poesia last March for a theme cruise, my first cruise on MSC. I had an entire year to read reviews before sailing so went in prepared! I found that everything either met or exceeded my expectations, what a gorgeous ship! I'm used to foreign travels so knew that sometimes interacting with those who do not speak English as their first language can "sometimes" come across as rude or abrupt. I really didn't find this to be the case.

One thing I did feel was a bit lacking was that I never once in 4 days saw or talked to our cabin person! The cabin was spotless at all times. I asked another guy in the hall, (who was always there vacuuming away or cleaning) if he was our cabin person, he smiled, said said, "no she is", I turned around and saw a female figure rounding the corner. I never did see or talk to her! It wasn't enough of a problem to complain but I do see from other comments here that customer service could be booped up a bit. Maybe she was just shy around our crowd, haha. (Monsters of Rock). :)

Archived