What's your opinion of the coffee on Carnival?

sherifa

The coffee's not bad, and gets the job done as far as taste and drinkability when needed. The coffee at the cafe seems to be better than the free coffee onboard, and I buy a couple from here several times during the cruise, but not because it's better but simply because I want a cup to go with my cake or pastry I'm buying.

DB and I always get up way before wives. By the time they get up, we've each had four or five cups. The first cup is usually an eye opener. The more you drink, the better it gets.

For our Dream cruise in 2011, the coffee on the Lido Deck gave everybody Montezuma's Revenge. The bathrooms constantly had a line-up in the mornings. This never happened on our past cruise on the Freedom.

My family knows me a bit of a coffee snob, I can't buy coffee that I don't know a roast date on...yea that bad...My plan for our upcoming liberty cruise is to bring a hario hand grinder, and my aeropress. I will be ordering hot water from room service for the morning, and making a perfect cup of coffee.

For those interested I found a place that roasts Puerto Rican coffee in San Juan! Has anyone ever had Puerto Rican coffee?

edit - I guess I really didn't answer the post, the espresso in the MDR was decent, the drinks I had in the cafe were a bit weak, but I hold to more of the Eruopean side of the gold cup standard than most Americans.

Just off the Fascination last week. All I can say is this .... If you go out of your way to save a few cents at your local grocery store by purchasing the cheapest coffee you can, then you will enjoy Carnival's coffee they offer at the buffet and the dining room. If not, go to the specialty coffee shop on board to get a nice cup. You may pay a little, but it's worth it.

I am used to self-ground and brewed coffee.

The included (no extra charge) cruise coffee on buffet/Mdr is drinkable.

1) It is not a "high point" of the cruise experience.

2) It gets the job done.

3) I don't let it be a make or break experience, the coffee is what it is.

4) I take note of the quality of the coffee on the first cup of the cruise, thereafter over the cruise I just drink it and don't think about it.

Carnival's coffee is bitter and I can't drink it. I tried taking some flavored individual sized creamers but even they didn't help the coffee. I buy coffee daily at the coffee bar. Under $2.00 or so. So worth it to me. My husband... he doesn't think their coffee is the best but has no problem drinking it for a week.

Archived