What's your opinion of the coffee on Carnival?

sherifa

The coffee was actually not bad on both our December cruise aboard the Splendor, and our March cruise aboard the Breeze. We did purchase a couple of specialty coffees, but always had the Lido coffee otherwise. While we're not coffee snobs, we do appreciate a quality cup of coffee. If you like mochas, try mixing the coffee with the hot chocolate.

I've never ordered coffee on a ship before. Would someone mind telling me the best places to get it? We sail on the Legend in September.

Also, is it free like the ultra-concentrated 'lemonade' or is it a pay-per-cup deal?

The coffee's okay. I get a latte at the coffee shop each morning and enjoy that with a book while waiting for DD to wake up and start the day. They're easily as good as Starbucks. I have coffee with dessert in the evenings and it's fine. Not great, but I've certainly had worse.

I've never ordered coffee on a ship before. Would someone mind telling me the best places to get it? We sail on the Legend in September.

Also, is it free like the ultra-concentrated 'lemonade' or is it a pay-per-cup deal?

You can get it free on the Lido and in the dining room. Much better coffee can be found at the coffee shop where you pay by the cup.

I thought the coffee was ok before they changed it. After the change I liked it more. Not the best I've had, but good.

The spiked coffees of course, are even better.

:D We're sailing on Carnival Magic if anyone has an opinion specific to that ship. Thanks for all the responses!

I have had the coffee on the Magic. MDR good, room service good, Lido just barly ok. Well be doing the Magic again in January. I sailed her Jan 2012. I think might have been before they changed the coffee.

You will love the Magic. She was our first cruise and we fell in love with crusing.

From a black coffee drinker, you will not go away sad..!:o

Its not the best brewed coffee, but it will do, considering the number of cups they have to serve in X amount of time.. :rolleyes:

I don't care for Expresso or flavored coffee, so I am of no help there!;)

If you grind your own fresh beans, use spring/distilled water only, you may be disappointed..!:p

From a black coffee drinker, you will not go away sad..!:o

Black coffee drinker here. Is it Strong like Bull like the RCI coffee I had? I guess it's better strong that weak, because strong can be diluted, but RC's coffee took the hair off my chest then put it right back on.

Black coffee drinker here. Is it Strong like Bull like the RCI coffee I had? I guess it's better strong that weak, because strong can be diluted, but RC's coffee took the hair off my chest then put it right back on.
Have to agree..! :rolleyes: I think they just make it strong, thinking most people will use sugar and cream to 'break it down'..!;)

We always take Starbucks singles (Via) with us when we cruise. That way if the coffee is bad we at least have something drinkable.

This is what I do, too. I make and drink a cup of my own every morning either using hot water from room service or the Lido. I'll also bring the individual flavored creamers I can't drink the coffee on Carnival--just can't like it. I do like a spiked specialty coffee from the cafe a few times during the cruise. They are very good, as are their blended coffees.

Archived