RCCL solved our worry quickly

Wanted to post a thank you to Royal Caribbean's Access Department.

My wife uses a cpap machine at night. We have always brought an extension cord with us since the outlet is usually across the cabin from the bed. Reading on these very informative boards I see that they may take extension cords during embarktion. Now what should we do?

I knew they have a medical needs department and went online to the medical form area to request help. I saw that you should submit form at least 30 days in advance. oh boy I thought this is never going to work out.

So I figued nothing lost in calling the Access Department and in less the 5 minutes they have it set up not only for not only an extension cord to be in our cabin but also distilled water for her machine. They really took the worry out of this for us.

Kudos to RCCL!

Happy Cruising

Wanted to post a thank you to Royal Caribbean's Access Department.

My wife uses a cpap machine at night. We have always brought an extension cord with us since the outlet is usually across the cabin from the bed. Reading on these very informative boards I see that they may take extension cords during embarktion. Now what should we do?

I knew they have a medical needs department and went online to the medical form area to request help. I saw that you should submit form at least 30 days in advance. oh boy I thought this is never going to work out.

So I figued nothing lost in calling the Access Department and in less the 5 minutes they have it set up not only for not only an extension cord to be in our cabin but also distilled water for her machine. They really took the worry out of this for us.

Kudos to RCCL!

Happy Cruising

Yep, I emailed the special services department for this very same thing and within a couple of days I had a confirmation that an extension cord and distilled water would be in our stateroom when we arrived. I really appreciate this as it takes out some of the worry and packing!

Please don't be disappointed if the extension cord and water are not in your room when you arrive! BUT...just ask your cabin steward and you will have no problem getting the extension cord and water! We have a medical request on file every cruise and only once where they in our cabin at check in.

Thanks to Royal Caribbean, DH has cruised several times with a CPAP and has never had a problem. Enjoy you cruise and don't give a second thought to extension cords and the water!

Please don't be disappointed if the extension cord and water are not in your room when you arrive! BUT...just ask your cabin steward and you will have no problem getting the extension cord and water! We have a medical request on file every cruise and only once where they in our cabin at check in.

Thanks to Royal Caribbean, DH has cruised several times with a CPAP and has never had a problem. Enjoy you cruise and don't give a second thought to extension cords and the water!

Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't worry much but my DW will if its not in the cabin when we get there. Now I will have an answer ready!

Happy Cruising

Archived