What excursions did YOU take?

24butterfly

Have been to Tahiti b4, on Princess, and we're looking for things to do--specifically for Raiatea/Tahaa.

We've done Bruno's and do not want to do it again....Want swimming/snorkelling of some sort.....I can't remember if there was anything off the dock or not....Any suggestions?

(Been to pearl and vanilla farms--don't care to go again.)

Have been to Tahiti b4, on Princess, and we're looking for things to do--specifically for Raiatea/Tahaa.

We've done Bruno's and do not want to do it again....Want swimming/snorkelling of some sort.....I can't remember if there was anything off the dock or not....Any suggestions?

(Been to pearl and vanilla farms--don't care to go again.)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1160782

We were in Tahiti in 2004 and went with Stephan of Mata tours for a drift snorkel in Raiatea and a snorkel tour in Bora Bora. His boat wasn't the fanciest but the days with him were fabulous. We are going back in 2011 and wonder if anyone has gone with him lately?

I emailed him matatours@mail.pf and he said he still does both trips.

Karen

The post above was from 2011. We went with Stephan again. His island had been devastated by a hurricane in 2010 and wasn't quite rebuilt. Also, they no longer allowed him to pull his boat up to Tahaa directly. However, he is still a great guy and we had a wonderful day snorkeling with him. (We did NOT go to any vanilla or pearl farms!)

If you don't book in advance he will be on the dock as you get off.

If you find any way to get to Tahaa , I would do that. It's GORGEOUS!!!!!!

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1160782

We were in Tahiti in 2004 and went with Stephan of Mata tours for a drift snorkel in Raiatea and a snorkel tour in Bora Bora. His boat wasn't the fanciest but the days with him were fabulous. We are going back in 2011 and wonder if anyone has gone with him lately?

I emailed him matatours@mail.pf and he said he still does both trips.

Karen

The post above was from 2011. We went with Stephan again. His island had been devastated by a hurricane in 2010 and wasn't quite rebuilt. Also, they no longer allowed him to pull his boat up to Tahaa directly. However, he is still a great guy and we had a wonderful day snorkeling with him. (We did NOT go to any vanilla or pearl farms!)

If you don't book in advance he will be on the dock as you get off.

If you find any way to get to Tahaa , I would do that. It's GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Thank you. I've done some searches and I think yours was one of them on the CC board, which also gave a web address....thanks again. We just want something for a few hours, snorkelling, not necessarily the drift snorkel--my husband wasn't to keen on it last time. Thanks again for answering the post.

Archived