If not Pardise Beach then Which One?

whciv

What is the best day beach in Cozumel. I see good and bad reviews for Pardise Beach. What is the hands down best day beach on Cozumel? We have a teen son and like to snorkel and sit on the beach. We prefer a place that has facilities.

PB and any other beach with nice sand will not have good snorkeling - the sand & waves cloud the water and the fish prefer reefs and coral and rocks to live/hide in.

For great snorkeling from the shore try the Money Bar; you enter the water via steps. Good facilities, great service, good food/drinks, and a sandy area for sunning & relaxing.

www.moneybarbeachclub.com

Most of the beach clubs in Coz are located along the same side of the island - if the water is murky due to storms or currents at one, they are all likely to be the same. You could spend more for a cab to visit the less crowded other side of the island. Here's a link with info on most of the beaches in Coz: http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

Good luck! :)

We like Playa Palancar which is on the very SW tip of the island and kind of off the beaten path. It is a $20 taxi ride each way from Puerta Maya pier. There is no admission and they have a full menu and bar. Not sure how good the snorkeling is but you can rent the gear there. Mostly laid back and not a lot of visitors.

We just returned from Cozumel and I really wanted to snorkel but my teens wanted to play on a beach so we did both. We jumped into a taxi at Puerta Maya to Money Bar and for 5 of us we were charged $16.

We snorkeled right in front of the steps and saw lots of fish --had a drink.

then jumped into a taxi again right out front and went to Paradise Beach.

I could not get the kids off of those jumping toys, especially the igloo.

We just returned from Cozumel and I really wanted to snorkel but my teens wanted to play on a beach so we did both. We jumped into a taxi at Puerta Maya to Money Bar and for 5 of us we were charged $16.

We snorkeled right in front of the steps and saw lots of fish --had a drink.

then jumped into a taxi again right out front and went to Paradise Beach.

I could not get the kids off of those jumping toys, especially the igloo.

This would be a good option because as others mentioned if the beach is nice in Coz, then the snorkeling is not so nice. We have enjoyed both the Money Bar and Paradise Beach. Even going to both places you'll spend less than the cheapest cruise excursion ;).

Archived