Chair hogs and Carnival's solution

iwunderu

I just returned from the Breeze sailing Apr 7-13. I didn't feel that I would add much in the form of a review because there are many. However, I did want to let you all know about the chair hog situation and how Carnival is handling it...on the Breeze anyway.

We had a late breakfast in the Punchliner's Brunch on Tuesday our first Sea Day. (Itinerary changed due to medical emergency) We decided we were going to hang out in the Serenity area afterwards. We got up there and walked the area twice when I spotted the Carnival worker removing towels and bags for a couple. My husband had found a round lounger with a sticker that was 41 minutes old. I went and got the Carnival worker and he removed the stuff and told us if the people come by to send them to him.

My husband didn't want to leave me to go eat lunch because he was afraid of a confrontation. An hour after we had been laying there, a couple walks by the lounger and was really looking. We figured it was the owners of the stuff that was taken away. I wanted another towel so I was behind them in line and it certainly was. 1 hour and 45 minutes after the Carnival staffer put a notice on their stuff they show back up! I can't believe the nerve of people! I heard her telling him she didn't know. Whatever lady.

So the moral of this story is if you want a lounger, look for the stickers and if it has been more than the time alloted by Carnival, find a worker to remove the items.

I just returned from the Breeze sailing Apr 7-13. I didn't feel that I would add much in the form of a review because there are many. However, I did want to let you all know about the chair hog situation and how Carnival is handling it...on the Breeze anyway.

We had a late breakfast in the Punchliner's Brunch on Tuesday our first Sea Day. (Itinerary changed due to medical emergency) We decided we were going to hang out in the Serenity area afterwards. We got up there and walked the area twice when I spotted the Carnival worker removing towels and bags for a couple. My husband had found a round lounger with a sticker that was 41 minutes old. I went and got the Carnival worker and he removed the stuff and told us if the people come by to send them to him.

My husband didn't want to leave me to go eat lunch because he was afraid of a confrontation. An hour after we had been laying there, a couple walks by the lounger and was really looking. We figured it was the owners of the stuff that was taken away. I wanted another towel so I was behind them in line and it certainly was. 1 hour and 45 minutes after the Carnival staffer put a notice on their stuff they show back up! I can't believe the nerve of people! I heard her telling him she didn't know. Whatever lady.

So the moral of this story is if you want a lounger, look for the stickers and if it has been more than the time alloted by Carnival, find a worker to remove the items.

Thanks for sharing. From what I've read on here, there seem to be some inconsistencies from ship to ship on how the chair hogging is handled. The biggest complaint seems to be that Carnival is a bit soft when it comes to enforcing the rules, especially where chair hogging is concerned.

Great to see it worked..

I still like the old..Place there stuff under chair where it is currently..Then remove chair to diffrent location and use it. But use chair in area where you can see them come back to there stuff and NO chair....:eek:

Do you know what is the alloted time? Thanks!! This is great...I hope they are doing it on the Splendor as well!!:)

Great to see it worked..

I still like the old..Place there stuff under chair where it is currently..Then remove chair to diffrent location and use it. But use chair in area where you can see them come back to there stuff and NO chair....:eek:

Where's the LIKE button when you need it:D

I sure hope that they are tagging chairs on my May trip. Our last trip we just moved the stuff of people ourselves since the employees did not want to do it. We always waited 1 hour before moving things (which we thought was more than enough time).

Hi there, what is this sticker you're talking about? We will be going on our first cruise in about 11 days. This is great info!

Good to hear. Maybe I will check out the Serenity area this time.

BUT in typica;Carnval fashion, I doubt enforcement is consistent. I remember readin a few reviews not too long ago that said the Breeze wasnt enforcing it though the system was in effect.

I remember holidaying in the med and africa as a child and towels always being put out by people before breakfast. UK holidaymakers always said it was the Germans doing it when it was actually everyone.

anyway, on to my point.

While staying in Portugal a guest (or possible worker) was so irate at the towel situation he/she threw all the towels into the pool. No-one knew who did it but its obviously an issue of contention everywhere.

If you want a good spot, reserve it with your person.

They were enforcing it on the Dream last week.

The attendant was going around about every 15 minutes to either put a sticker on a towel or take items off of a lounger.

Yes, the time limit was 40 minutes.

DSCF5441_zpsbd6f7dff.jpg

DSCF5442_zps879ce590.jpg

Archived