Sinfonia information

jdvmd

It may be worth reading this review:

http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-reviews/msc-cruises/msc-sinfonia/read_review_102508/

I was on deck nine on the same respositioning cruise on Sinfonia. I could certainly smell sewage while walking towards the rear of deck 10 but it was gone within a couple of days. Someone probably put a sanitary towel down the loo.

Thanks for the link. Great website that I was not aware of previously. Sounds like they had a horrible time but I also read comments from those that did enjoy their cruise. I am going to look at this cruise with a "the glass is half full" mentality and am very excited.

Thanks for the link. Great website that I was not aware of previously. Sounds like they had a horrible time but I also read comments from those that did enjoy their cruise. I am going to look at this cruise with a "the glass is half full" mentality and am very excited.

Here's another web site which has some good reviews. This lionk is for an extensive review of Sinfonia with lots of pictures as well

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=6902

Pete

Thanks, Pete. Is there any difference in the cabins themselves? Should we just go with the cheaper balcony suite? Any difference between the two balcony cabins?

Also, any recommendations on the insides or outsides?

Thanks, Linda.

Hi Linda

Initially I was confused at your catagorisation of the "Balcony" cabins but i have noticed there is an interesting development in the designation of the cabin types depending on your home area.

For clarity whren I went on Sinfonia last November. ALL cabins with balconies were designated as Cat. 11 ( Balcony suites) and were all the same. see image 1. (Deck plan isued on Sinfonia last November)

Today I looked at the deck plans for MSCCRUISES.CO.UK and MSCCRUISE.COM and lo and behold they have different designations

CO.UK has B2 (balcony suite) and S3 (Suite) image 2

.COM has S2 (Suite) and S3 ( Suite) image 3

So they are obvously marketed diffently in the different regions. Essentially all the "Balcony" cabins are the same so they have introduced some artificial pricing differences

IMAGE 1

ONBOARDDECKLAN.jpg

IMAGE 2

ukDECKPLAN.jpg

IMAGE 3

deckplanUSA.jpg

So if price is a factor go for the cheaper option, if not go for a Deck 12 cabin or a low number (below 1019) deck 10 if there are no deck 12 cabins availablke.

I don;t know if your region is offering some perks to the S3 cabins

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of ocean view or inside cabins

Pete

Hi Linda

Initially I was confused at your catagorisation of the "Balcony" cabins but i have noticed there is an interesting development in the designation of the cabin types depending on your home area.

For clarity whren I went on Sinfonia last November. ALL cabins with balconies were designated as Cat. 11 ( Balcony suites) and were all the same. see image 1. (Deck plan isued on Sinfonia last November)

Today I looked at the deck plans for MSCCRUISES.CO.UK and MSCCRUISE.COM and lo and behold they have different designations

CO.UK has B2 (balcony suite) and S3 (Suite) image 2

.COM has S2 (Suite) and S3 ( Suite) image 3

So they are obvously marketed diffently in the different regions. Essentially all the "Balcony" cabins are the same so they have introduced some artificial pricing differences

IMAGE 1

ONBOARDDECKLAN.jpg

IMAGE 2

ukDECKPLAN.jpg

IMAGE 3

deckplanUSA.jpg

So if price is a factor go for the cheaper option, if not go for a Deck 12 cabin or a low number (below 1019) deck 10 if there are no deck 12 cabins availablke.

I don;t know if your region is offering some perks to the S3 cabins

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of ocean view or inside cabins

Pete

This is the new Bella, Fantastica and Aurea price categories for 2014. S3s whether called balconies or suites will be the Aurea ones because of their close proximity to the spa.

It will be interesting to see what other differences will occur when the Lirica class stretching programme is completed. Definitely additional cabins being added but will this also result in further re categorisation? Who knows?