Arcade & Bowling on Pearl

CruisingLover

How does it work for the kids when they want to go to the arcade? Do they get an arcade card, use cash, use their cabin key card? If it is a separate card, do we put a limit on it?

Also, how does bowling work on the ship? Do we need to reserve a lane WAY ahead of time or just show up? Is there a charge? If my kids want to go alone, are they allowed to? They will be 13, 17 & 19.

Because we are sailing to Alaska this will be our first cruise where we will be doing a lot more on the ship. Meaning, we won't be able to just lay by the pool on sea days so will be doing more inside stuff. There will be a lot of time spent trying to fill up our free time (2 sea days and a couple of days where we don't even get off the ship until late afternoon/early evening)

Thanks!

Can't answer about the kids as we didn't bring ours but we did bowl once.

It was ok but expensive and we were the only ones there!

We went mid Sept to Alaska and yes it was rainy and cold for swimming but I read alot of post from people taking this cruise in the summer months and being able to enjoy the outside so don't rule it out just yet!

We have traveled manytimes with our kids (not cruising) and always bring a deck of cards and travel games and we make sure to have a few movies uploaded to the ipad or whatever elctronic device we had at the time. As you never know what the weather will be like!

We did the Alaska cruise on the Pearl last summer. Didn't use the arcade, so can't comment on that. I believe the bowling alleys are first come, first served. There is an attendant there (handing out the shoes, etc.) who can probably give you a good idea of when are the best times. Whenever we went by, there were folks enjoying the lanes.

I also witnessed several rousing games of dodgeball out on one of the upper decks. Lots of teens and they all seemed to be having a blast.

Can't answer about the kids as we didn't bring ours but we did bowl once.

It was ok but expensive and we were the only ones there!

We went mid Sept to Alaska and yes it was rainy and cold for swimming but I read alot of post from people taking this cruise in the summer months and being able to enjoy the outside so don't rule it out just yet!

We have traveled manytimes with our kids (not cruising) and always bring a deck of cards and travel games and we make sure to have a few movies uploaded to the ipad or whatever elctronic device we had at the time. As you never know what the weather will be like!

Thanks:) I guess I never thought about there being a charge for bowling. Do you remember what it was?

Speaking of movies, is there a movie theater on board? That's a good idea to have movies on a tablet too just in case!

Also, I will be bringing the bathing suits but I need it to be at least 85 outside for me to go swimming! I'm sure my kids might go swimming though :D

We did the Alaska cruise on the Pearl last summer. Didn't use the arcade, so can't comment on that. I believe the bowling alleys are first come, first served. There is an attendant there (handing out the shoes, etc.) who can probably give you a good idea of when are the best times. Whenever we went by, there were folks enjoying the lanes.

I also witnessed several rousing games of dodgeball out on one of the upper decks. Lots of teens and they all seemed to be having a blast.

Thanks!!

Thanks:) I guess I never thought about there being a charge for bowling. Do you remember what it was?

Speaking of movies, is there a movie theater on board? That's a good idea to have movies on a tablet too just in case!

Also, I will be bringing the bathing suits but I need it to be at least 85 outside for me to go swimming! I'm sure my kids might go swimming though :D

Thanks!!

You can always enjoy the hot tubs.

Bowling is $5 per game and includes shoes. You must bring socks. Yes, they are old enough to bowl on their own. I think the minimum is age 6 to participate but saw those younger than that bowling. First come, first served. The Pearl has four lanes (2 + 2 configuration).

Sail and sign card is how to play the arcade games. They are kind of expensive so you can put a limit on each kid. Visit guest services.

The arcade games are kinda spendy, up to $3-5 per game for some. There was a post a while back about a child running up almost $800 in a couple of days because parents didn't think their child would do that. Make sure you place limits on their cards.

Bowling is $5 per game. Just show up and you should get a lane.

We loved the bowling on the Pearl. Since it's at the Spinnaker Lounge, if you go at night you will have entertainment (singing, music and karaoke) on some nights.

You will have 2 lanes on one side of the lounge and 2 lanes on the other side of the lounge.

As someone else mentioned...DO NOT FORGET YOUR SOCKS...they won't let you bowl without them. We forgot once (because we had flip flops on) and had to run back to the room for socks. :p

IMG_0906-S.jpg

i had so much fun bowling on the pearl. i had not bowled in yrs so i knew my score was going to be pretty embarresing anyway. and then top it off with a moving ship. :D i ended up with about a score of 50 but i blamed that on the 2 beers i had while i played. do it and have fun.

i had so much fun bowling on the pearl. i had not bowled in yrs so i knew my score was going to be pretty embarresing anyway. and then top it off with a moving ship. :D i ended up with about a score of 50 but i blamed that on the 2 beers i had while i played. do it and have fun.

My scores were not much better on the Epic and I maintain a 180 average on land. I had a great time and it was fun to watch the ball go different directions as the ship moved.

I got a 60 on the first game and 101 on the second and I'm not a bowler. I don't think I had bowled for about 10 years. :p I blammed the score on the rocking boat and the alcohol as well. At least you have a great excuse to use if you're on the ship. :D

Archived