Trapped in a wal-mart

AFuncruiser

I was very disappointed with my recent cruise On the Carnival Valor. It started with a 9:30pm lifeboat drill with screaming children and fainting ladies and it was down hill from there.. The cruise director obviously loved to hear his own voice as the announcements seemed endless and at odd hours. There were screaming children running up and down the hallways after midnight. I thought the pool area was more like a pit or arena. I miss the front facing lounges that are on most other cruise lines.

In General I felt I was trapped in a Wal-Mart while on board.

With 47 cruises under my belt, a Carnival Platinum cruiser and Carnival stock holder I regret to say that other than the convenience of the Carnival Fascination out of Jacksonville I never care to take another Carnival cruise.

Dennis

Jacksonville, Fl

532 days at sea

47 cruises

12 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon, Alaska

Hope you feel better after your rant!!!:confused: Sorry you did not have a good time.

Maybe you should check into the cruises before you book, you can find out a lot that way.

I know you are a seasoned cruiser, maybe you need to lighten up a bit... (IMHO):D

I am looking forward to my cruise on the Valor, so I won't let you review affect my fun!!!:eek: C.G.

Wow...we cruised the Valor twice and LOVE LOVE LOVE that ship! It was beautiful, food amazing, staff amazing....the only reason why I wouldn't sail on it again is cause Im not gonna fly to San Juan to do so....WE cruise in September...we don't see many kids...usually just a few but we have kids so they don't bother us....sounds like you may need to find another line...duces!

Can't believe a Carnival Platinum cruiser is so surprised at the experience of cruising on Carnival. Strange. Anyway, to us, WalMart's not so bad, when you like "volume" cruising, and there's no Neiman Marcus in town anyway.

Can't believe a Carnival Platinum cruiser is so surprised at the experience of cruising on Carnival. Strange. Anyway, to us, WalMart's not so bad, when you like "volume" cruising,

Ditto and he was not trapped. I am sure he has a passport. He was free to leave at any port. The screaming kids are not carnivals fault so much as bad parenting.

OP, I share your dismay at no forward facing lounges on any of Carnival's ships. They really missed the *boat* on that one, in my opinion! ;) Heading to Alaska on the Miracle on Monday; that's one itinerary where it will be sorely missed. On previous Alaska cruises on X, HAL, and NCL, that was my hangout on sea days!

I can say--Im sorry you had a bad cruise on the Valor.

I am equally sorry that you can not post negative stuff here,

most people do not believe you.

(I learned that lesson after my bad cruise=

But did you cruise over spring break or easter holiday?

We cruised the Southern points late August-- and it is one I shall never ever do again

I go for Dollar General. Easy layout' date=' convenient, on every corner. Kind of small and cramped, though. Run into a lot of NCL folks there.[/quote']

I've heard that the people at Dollar General were exceedingly polite, unlike Walmart. ;)

I find this all very strange. Early this morning, you started a thread about how much you hate the shops in port....:eek:....a little confused...:eek:...after 47 cruises...THIS one is the one with all of the complaints. What is your next thread going to be?

Just to let you know...I am not a Carnival cheerleader. As a matter of fact, we have one booked and wish we could cancel. Unfortunately, we booked Early Saver and would loose our deposit.

Point being...not disagreeing that this IS a Walmart cruise line..just the way people dress, for the most part is disturbing.....BUT.... I am trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish. Stirring the pot perhaps?

Was it like Walmart in that it had an endless variety of things to see and do? Was it priced affordably? In my opinion everything is what you make it. I'm only going on my second cruise but I hope to never get to a point in life where I don't enjoy a vacation of any kind.

Oh come on people! The guy can be a stockholder, platinum, and still have a poor cruise experience! Geez!!! Sometimes there are certain circumstances that can make or break your vacation experience. Unfortunately in this case, circumstances and the demographics of this particular sailing made this trip crappy for him. If he chooses to only sail fascination from now on or continue to frequent other cruiselines instead, then more power to him.

Anyway to the op, sorry you have such a bad experience this time around. If you do choose to sail again on Carnival, hopefully it will be a much better experience.

OP, I share your dismay at no forward facing lounges on any of Carnival's ships. They really missed the *boat* on that one, in my opinion! ;) Heading to Alaska on the Miracle on Monday; that's one itinerary where it will be sorely missed. On previous Alaska cruises on X, HAL, and NCL, that was my hangout on sea days!

OH - THAT kind of lounge! LOL I was thinking lounge CHAIRS - and what the hey - if you don't like the way they face - turn them around! I see people do that all the time.

They had a huge round one at the top of Voyager of the Seas and if there 10 people in it our whole cruise that would have been a lot. It was always empty - you couldn't even get a drink.

Heck, I like Walmart..Maybe its just our local Walmarts but I see no issue with them. Same food and common products as the higher retail stores at a cheaper price. My Walmart savings help me cruise....:D

You took the words right out of my mouth - really!

I can't believe the amount of harsh replies to the OP!

One is allowed to have a bad cruise. It does happen.

What makes it more appalling is the fact that i read just last night that Carnival cruisers were more mature than cruisers on other cruise lines.

Bill

Archived