Minimum numbers for a M&G?

jewels07

It's either 20 or 25 people, I can't recall which off the top of my head. You've got a couple of months to go before I'd worry about, since you aren't sailing till July. When you get to about a dozen people I'd start running a list of interested parties.

You don't need any certain number of people to have a M&G. If the numbers stay small, you may not get coffee, tea & punch & cookies or cakes. The officers may not come.

BUT you can still have a small M&G in the Biergarten or bar. Get innovative and do a game or just talk about your shore excursions planned. Or a small gift from each person's home state? Or make a dinner at Cagney's (yum yum).

Our Med cruise Roll Call on Princess had about 21 folks sign up and say they were attending, but only 11 of us showed up. And Princess doesn't put on the party that NCL does. They provided us space in the bar and a server. That was it. No officers attended and no goodies. I did order cheese and cracker tray so we would have something.

Have a great cruise!

I believe the very first M&G I set up they had mentioned to me that they would like to have at least 10 people show up (I have done several M&G arrangements and this was the only time they said anything about a certain amount...maybe it was because the numbers were small when I first emailed them to set it up). But, our numbers grew well above that, especially toward the end. You will have more people signing up the last month before the cruise. However, just because they signed up doesn't necessarily mean they will all show either. :o

A small tip: I try to get all the cabin numbers (mailed to my personal email) and I print up reminders & place them in the mailboxes as folks

do tend to get caught up in things once aboard & forget the meeting.

Archived