Oasis ta westbound oct 2014

scotsman

Hi George

Richard and Steve from 'sunny' Wales here. We are doing the Westbound TA next year, wasn't sure as we did want to wait a year and do the Allure TA but hopefully will do them both, have been on Oasis before so really looking forward to the sea days though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Peter and Jim from Chicago are booked. However, I don't know if we'll stay on it or not. We also have the Quantum transatlantic booked on 11/2/14. So, we may have to cancel one of them. Hopefully not, and we'll do both, but we'll have to wait and see....

We are booked to board in Rotterdam and not Southampton.

Peter

Edited by RoyalDiamond
added info

• 1 month later...

We're on board as well!.....from Miami, FL.

Looking forward to this cruise. It will be our first TransAtlantic and sounds like a lot of fun.

The thread I was following on the RCCL forum is out of control and getting difficult to follow.

We will be boarding the ship in Rotterdam.

Does anyone have suggestions about the best way of pre-planning?

What are the best routes to fly....go direct to Amsterdam or Rotterdam.

What are some good places to stay, etc.

If anyone has any helpful information it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello

I am Tom from Jupiter Florida. I will be staying 3 nights at the Renaissance Amsterdam and the morning of the cruise taking the train to meet the ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Tom!

Thanks for the response!

Have you decided on your flight itinerary yet? Where are you going to fly out of?

I know it is too early yet for booking. I wonder what 1 way ticket prices to Amsterdam will be?

I will certainly go over early. I was planning on perhaps 2 days and then take the train over.

I would really like to keep in touch. That way I can get additional information from you. I am not familiar with the train system, etc. and would have some questions.

Thanks again for the response.

Hi Tom!

Thanks for the response!

Have you decided on your flight itinerary yet? Where are you going to fly out of?

I know it is too early yet for booking. I wonder what 1 way ticket prices to Amsterdam will be?

I will certainly go over early. I was planning on perhaps 2 days and then take the train over.

I would really like to keep in touch. That way I can get additional information from you. I am not familiar with the train system, etc. and would have some questions.

Thanks again for the response.

My email is jrtomjohnson@comcat.net if you like send me an email and you can have my phone number.

Hi George

Richard and Steve from 'sunny' Wales here. We are doing the Westbound TA next year, wasn't sure as we did want to wait a year and do the Allure TA but hopefully will do them both, have been on Oasis before so really looking forward to the sea days though

Mike & Jeff from definitely sunny Wales (at the mo!) are thinking of joining you but prices seem bit high now? :rolleyes: Some of our friends have booked too.....

Mike & Jeff from definitely sunny Wales (at the mo!) are thinking of joining you but prices seem bit high now? :rolleyes: Some of our friends have booked too.....

Hey there Mike and Jeff!

Yes prices have gone up since the TA was announced and went on sale. From my experience it really could go either way. Prices may come down if bookings lack or people decide not to make final payment. They may also go up...you can never really tell.

My suggestion would be to book if you have the money for a downpayment now and see how it goes. If the price drops RCCL has always refunded me the difference and if it drops after final payment the difference has been added as an on board credit..

We usually book an ocean view balcony. We booked an inside stateroom this time (hoping to not regret that decision). Considering we will fly over and stay a few nights in a hotel, I figured the difference would help pay for that. After all we really do not spend all that much time in the room on the balcony when we have.

We are excited about going on a TA. It is something new for us and we really like the Oasis :D

Hey there Mike and Jeff!

Yes prices have gone up since the TA was announced and went on sale. From my experience it really could go either way. Prices may come down if bookings lack or people decide not to make final payment. They may also go up...you can never really tell.

My suggestion would be to book if you have the money for a downpayment now and see how it goes. If the price drops RCCL has always refunded me the difference and if it drops after final payment the difference has been added as an on board credit..

We usually book an ocean view balcony. We booked an inside stateroom this time (hoping to not regret that decision). Considering we will fly over and stay a few nights in a hotel, I figured the difference would help pay for that. After all we really do not spend all that much time in the room on the balcony when we have.

We are excited about going on a TA. It is something new for us and we really like the Oasis :D

I'm not sure they do refund the difference if the price goes down in the UK, they may in the States but probably not here! Its about £1300 for an inside at the moment, & of course we would have to stay a few nights in Fort Lauderdale at the end. :D

Another positive I would celebrate my birthday on board.......:D

I'm not sure they do refund the difference if the price goes down in the UK, they may in the States but probably not here! Its about £1300 for an inside at the moment, & of course we would have to stay a few nights in Fort Lauderdale at the end. :D

Another positive I would celebrate my birthday on board.......:D

If the price goes down call your TA and RCCL will amend the price you pay as long as it's before final payment.

Hi Mike and Jeff, are you enjoying the 'summer'? we booked when it first opened, only an inside, but we've been on Oasis before and there is so much to do we hardly spent any time in the cabin, we always book directly with Royal as they do still honour price drops for Brits, someone I know books directly with an american TA and then has the freedom to cancel and get his deposit back, email me if you want and I will tell you the website (no allowed to mention TA names on here), its richcoryton at hotmail dot com Where in Wales are you, we live in Rhoose not far from Cardiff.

• 2 weeks later...

(Duplicate post from the main roll call and THRILLED that this tread was started)

Hello all-

Dan (39) and Derrell (52) (the Double D's) here from the Atlanta, GA area. We got back last week from the Oasis Eastern Caribbean and, for the first time, signed up for a future cruise while onboard. We LOVE the Oasis so what better way to experience it than on this TA! This'll be our 3rd time sailing her.

I've been dying to share some of the pics I took with some fellow Oasis fans so here are a couple of my favs -

DSC08600_zpsbaf15216.jpg

DSC08590_zpsc306126f.jpg

DSC08597_zpsce50d389.jpg

DSC08589_zps28dac23e.jpg

DSC08572_zps381f7279.jpg

Looking forward to a great cruise!