Oasis ta westbound oct 2014

scotsman

It has been a while since I logged in. This thread got sorted into the 6th or 7th page....so I figured I would give it a lil' bump.

We did make one change through Choice Air for our flight. We are now leaving on Friday, 10 OCT. We are flying Delta with a layover in Atlanta and then straight through to Amsterdam. This will have us arriving around 6am on Saturday, 11 OCT.

I am happy with the change. The hotel will hold our luggage prior to check-in and we can spend part of the day touring Amsterdam. :D

We're flying Delta out of Atlanta Friday afternoon arriving in Amsterdam 10:40am. We'll be right behind you (insert dirty comment here). :D

We're flying Delta out of Atlanta Friday afternoon arriving in Amsterdam 10:40am. We'll be right behind you (insert dirty comment here). :D

That's great! Have you guys decided which hotels you will be staying at, what you may do while in Amsterdam, etc.?

Hoping to get some great info from Boco when you checks into the site.

My partner is Indonesian and there are supposed to be some great Indonesian restaurants in the Netherlands. So I'm sure we will give one of those a go while we are there.

Sorry for my late reply, lots to do in Amsterdam and Rotterdam. Canalcruises are available, but you can also take a train to The Hague or Delft, public transport is very good in the Netherlands. If you need specific (gay) info please let me know

Greetz

Bob and Cor

For the Indonisian food you are at the right place:)

In Amsterdam and Rotterdam you have plenty restaurant. Just google "indonesisch restaurant" ( in Dutch:)) Rotterdam or Amsterdam and you will be fine.

Restaurant http://blauwrotterdam.nl/restaurant/ is not very cheap but very good and open on monday.

Have a drink on the Zeedijk in Amsterdam, great place with also nice restaurants.

Bob en Cor

We have lots of ideas of what to do in Amsterdam but nothing firm yet. Don't even have a hotel booked. Yikes! :eek: Any recommendations?

Definitely want to hit a canalcruise, red light district and some architectural-like tours - maybe check out a museum that's in an interesting building. Not much into paintings here - more sculpture, modern art, installations. Probably a day trip out of town.

We just booked the Allure in June so I've switched to planning for that cruise.

Besides Indonesian food, any plans?

We have lots of ideas of what to do in Amsterdam but nothing firm yet. Don't even have a hotel booked. Yikes! :eek: Any recommendations?

Besides Indonesian food, any plans?

We are staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton @ Amsterdam Centrall Station for 2 nights.

More than likely we will do a canal cruise on Sunday...late afternoon or early evening. I have not done any research as of yet...so not really sure which company or where we will depart from as of yet.

We are going to Disney World in 2 weeks and then on the Independence of the Seas for an 8 night cruise at the end of April. I will look into more options after we have those trips behind us.

Hope all is well with everyone! Safe travels to all!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone...

My Partner David and I are booked on Oasis TA Westbound in October and looking forward to meeting up with everyone at FOD. We are travelling with our cruise buddy Julie and her boyfriend Manny (they both love FOD).

Do we have a Roll Call with names? If not, I can try to put one together.

(George... I will send you a message on Facebook).

Take care all and happy Sails.

Rodney

We are staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton @ Amsterdam Centrall Station for 2 nights.

More than likely we will do a canal cruise on Sunday...late afternoon or early evening. I have not done any research as of yet...so not really sure which company or where we will depart from as of yet.

We are going to Disney World in 2 weeks and then on the Independence of the Seas for an 8 night cruise at the end of April. I will look into more options after we have those trips behind us.

Hope all is well with everyone! Safe travels to all!! :D

Hi Everyone...

My Partner David and I are booked on Oasis TA Westbound in October and looking forward to meeting up with everyone at FOD. We are travelling with our cruise buddy Julie and her boyfriend Manny (they both love FOD).

Do we have a Roll Call with names? If not, I can try to put one together.

(George... I will send you a message on Facebook).

Take care all and happy Sails.

Rodney

cruisehabits

Yes will be on 26th April Cruise on Inde so can meet up.

Rodney great chatting on FB.

Had six great weeks in Gran Canaria, that place just gets wilder :D :eek:

Looking at my options on how to get to Rotterdam, one way is train to Hull then the overnight ferry to Rotterdam, KLM are horrendous price for a one way business :mad: as this is a 5 week trip I need some extra luggage.

Welcome new folks!

We have Allure booked in June (117 days but who's counting) to hold us over until this cool TA cruise. Have sailed Oasis twice so if you have ???s, I'm happy to wax poetically about this cool ship.

BTW, my preferred bars at which to hang out are the Trellis Bar in Central Park as well as the Champagne/Martini bar usually prior to dinner. The cucumber martinis are pretty good.

DSC08546_zps6fcb95f4.jpg

Champagne Bar with my friend, Lindsey...

DSC08013_zpsa1c12b6c.jpg

Oh, and the Viking Crown Lounge at night.

DSC08448_zpsf444b28f.jpg

MisterMom.....

:D You sir!!.....have found the best drink on board!! :D

The cucumber and basil martini is excellent! I had one (okay...maybe 2):D while we were at 150 Central Park for dinner one evening.

Safe travels to all! :)

MisterMom.....

:D You sir!!.....have found the best drink on board!! :D

The cucumber and basil martini is excellent! I had one (okay...maybe 2):D while we were at 150 Central Park for dinner one evening.

Safe travels to all! :)

just two? Lightweight. :p

112 days until we sail Allure. Then a few more after that until the TA!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Two guys from Ft Lauderdale here. Late 40's.

Flying to London and boarding at Southampton for voyage back home.

Been to Vigo once. It's pretty.

Happy to offer Ft Lauderdale advice if needed. Not too familiar with these boards though. Look forward to saying hello.

Phil

Two guys from Ft Lauderdale here. Late 40's.

Flying to London and boarding at Southampton for voyage back home.

Been to Vigo once. It's pretty.

Happy to offer Ft Lauderdale advice if needed. Not too familiar with these boards though. Look forward to saying hello.

Phil

Welcome!

Yes .....welcome Phil!

This should be a really fun sailing! CATS was my first broadway show and I saw it in NYC. It brings back nice memories. My partner has not seen it, so I am looking forward to enjoying it with him.

We are just short of 6 months from sailing now...so I'm sure it will be here in no time.

We got a great deal on line to sail on the Majesty of the Seas out of Miami for this weekend....so we leave today with friends that live up in Boca Raton.

Have a great weekend! Safe travels to all! :)

We're definitely looking forward to meeting some of our fellow gay passengers. On our first cruise no one showed up to the meet and greets. On the second, only one other couple showed up and we never saw them again after that, which is fine. Everyone ends up doing their own thing anyway.

Yup only 6 months away now. It will go very fast.

Anyone spending extra time in the Netherlands pre-cruise? We are spending a few days in each of Amsterdam, The Hague and Rotterdam.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all...

I am working on a list of people from the Facebook and Cruise Critics pages. To respect privacy, please let me know if you want to be included in that list. If you want to contact me via email please use rodney@rodneypaul.com. David and I are sailing with our friends Manny and Julie and know a few other couples on the sailing. I will post some Vigo ideas (got my Michelin Map of Vigo in the mail the other day) as I get them.

We are excited for our first TA.

Take care.

Rodney & David

Alexandria, Minnesota & Youngstown, New York

Hi all...

I am working on a list of people from the Facebook and Cruise Critics pages. To respect privacy, please let me know if you want to be included in that list. If you want to contact me via email please use rodney@rodneypaul.com. David and I are sailing with our friends Manny and Julie and know a few other couples on the sailing. I will post some Vigo ideas (got my Michelin Map of Vigo in the mail the other day) as I get them.

Take care.

Rodney & David

Derrell and I (Dan) are happy to be included.

Hi there

We're Kevin & Paul from Edinburgh, Scotland and we'll be onboard from Southampton. We did TA on Independence Eastbound last year and it was great. We like the TA and the days at sea, not that fussed getting off.

We're staying in FL for 2 nights after it too at the Westin beach Resort..any suggestions on where to go there?...then flying back Virgin Atlantic.

Looking forward to meeting you all onboard.

Hi there

We're Kevin & Paul from Edinburgh, Scotland and we'll be onboard from Southampton. We did TA on Independence Eastbound last year and it was great. We like the TA and the days at sea, not that fussed getting off.

We're staying in FL for 2 nights after it too at the Westin beach Resort..any suggestions on where to go there?...then flying back Virgin Atlantic.

Hi all...

Take care.

Rodney & David

Hi There, Richard and Steve from Wales, happy to be on 'the list' we are really looking forward to this as we have been home for 3 weeks from a B2B on Jewel and are counting down the weeks. We are not sure about Vigo, have been there before. We always enjoy the TA's, this will be our 4th and we have a 5th TA booked on Vision for 2015.

Hi there

Welcome to the sailing. I'm excited to meet some "international" family members.

I've only been to the one here in Atlanta but it may be worth you having dinner (and a show) one night here in Ft. Lauderdale. We're going to try going the evening before our June Allure sailing.

If the link doesn't work, "Lips, The Ultimate in Drag Dining." :eek: