Booking onboard

transatlantic fan

Re this thread, last year I visited the "Future Cruise" team on board the QV and signed up with them. I was not sure what cruise we next wanted and so I paid a small deposit (£50 per person if I remember right) and this entitled us to book any Cunard cruise within the next 12 months and obtain $200 per person OBC as well as having the reduced deposit benefit.

In fact we are joining the QV next Wednesday and therefore will be making use of the OBC on that voyage.

Is this a similar deal that we're talking about on this thread ?, or is it a different deal that's now on offer ?, or am I misreading the thread by thinking that if you actually book a specific cruise with the "Future Cruise" team, then you get additional benefits - advice welcomed please....

David

In October 2012 while on board QM2 I booked a TA for 2013 with a $600 deposit for the cabin, and $400 each in OBC. We have had to cancel this booking, and my travel agent rebooked us on a December 2014 trip instead, and we we did not have to pay anything extra for the deposit, and still got the same OBC.

Is it me ?

When you seek up to date and genuine advice on this forum, little or nothing is forthcoming from people who are in a position to offer such advice, but if you pose a query on what to wear for fencing, can two people travelling together check in separately, can you leave the ship when it docks, etc., page after page of responses start to stack up.

I'm thinking of limiting myself to asking strange questions only.

David

Is it me ?

When you seek up to date and genuine advice on this forum, little or nothing is forthcoming from people who are in a position to offer such advice, but if you pose a query on what to wear for fencing, can two people travelling together check in separately, can you leave the ship when it docks, etc., page after page of responses start to stack up.

David

Fire the lot of them! Really, for what you pay for responses, you should expect better from this forum! Not to mention your expert response to queries, so generously given.

Is it me ?

David

As the question was answered in post two shortly after the OP asked it what do you want people to do? Many don't book on board and my on-board booking was 8 months ago, so the 3-week ago answer makes anything I say irrelevant. Unless someone else has made a booking within the last three weeks there isn't anything else to add.

When we have booked a future cruise onboard we were given extra onboard credit and a reduced deposit of £350 per room.

Can anyone confirm that they still do the recuced deposit?

Many thanks

We have just finished QV world cruise and while on-board paid $200 per person future cruise, we have 12 months to book but if we book before 1st Aug get additional 5%

We have just finished QV world cruise and while on-board paid $200 per person future cruise, we have 12 months to book but if we book before 1st Aug get additional 5%

Update to my previous post now found receipt and we paid £50 sterling future cruise down payment

Archived