Champagne instead of wine?

dkcmb1981

I'm would rather bring Champagne on board the Summit than wine...Do they allow this?

champagne is just sparkling white wine made in a specific area in France using a specific process. The term is now used generally to describe any sparkling wine that uses roughly the same process. However wine, whether sparkling or not, is still wine.

Yes Thank you , I know this. I would still like to know if it's ok to bring champagne. Have any of you on the board done this ?

Yes, I take Champagne every time I cruise....2 bottles in hand luggage...its perfectly fine, they allow it. 2 bottles per cabin.

I think it's ridiculous that you can't bring 2 bomber bottles of beer rather than wine if this is what you prefer. Im not talking a case of cheap domestic beer - but high end craft beers that often cost more and have more alcohol content than wine!!

Yes Thank you , I know this. I would still like to know if it's ok to bring champagne. Have any of you on the board done this ?

You are allowed two bottles of wine per stateroom the day you board; champagne IS wine.

I think it's ridiculous that you can't bring 2 bomber bottles of beer rather than wine if this is what you prefer. Im not talking a case of cheap domestic beer - but high end craft beers that often cost more and have more alcohol content than wine!!

Greetings

Maybe you could get away bringing barley wine, which is a very strong craft beer. And I certainly agree with your idea since even the beer selection in the new Michaels Club isn't that special.

Good Sailing (and congrads on 5,000)

Tom

Oooh, I didn't realise I could bring 2 bottles PER STATEROOM. Does this apply to us (one adult and one child in each cabin)?

Yes; and, be sure to additionally tip your steward in order that he or she will keep you supplied with a nice bucket of ice for your chamagne. Also, assuming you are in either AQ or CC, retain your wine flutes; and, wash same after each use. Actually, bringing on champagne seems to be a much better idea than other types of wine. Although, I must admit that red wine is more efficacious since no ice bucket is required; and, it is probably healthier.

Those are the rules, so live with it. Also, from a health standpoint the high end craft beers, or any beer for that matter, are more productive of a beer belly which is anathema to good health and long life. I still love beer, but now I usually onl ingest same on St. Pats Day with my corned beef etc. Even then, one six pack will last a week. I am often amused by the males, fifteen or twentyyears younger than me, who cannot arrange their swim trunks above their navels because of their beer bellys.

Those are the rules, so live with it. Also, from a health standpoint the high end craft beers, or any beer for that matter, are more productive of a beer belly which is anathema to good health and long life. I still love beer, but now I usually onl ingest same on St. Pats Day with my corned beef etc. Even then, one six pack will last a week. I am often amused by the males, fifteen or twentyyears younger than me, who cannot arrange their swim trunks above their navels because of their beer bellys.

Perhaps the aforementioned adolescents could sustain their beer consumption without ensuing rotundity if they endeavoured to incorporate frequent vigorous pool walking and ancillary exercises in their daily activities.

Perhaps the aforementioned adolescents could sustain their beer consumption without ensuing rotundity if they endeavoured to incorporate frequent vigorous pool walking and ancillary exercises in their daily activities.

That would help, but not the end game. I love beer, but the caloric content is just too much. Sadly, most beer drinkers do not limit their intake to one a day.

That would help, but not the end game. I love beer, but the caloric content is just too much. Sadly, most beer drinkers do not limit their intake to one a day.

7.5 oz of wine.. .150 calories

12 oz of beer... 150 calories

2 oz of vodka... 150 calories

Archived