What room did you get with a W on Oasis and Allure?

I am thinking about booking the Tuesday sale where they have a W Category on Allure and was wondering for those who had a W guarentee on Oasis and Allure, what room you ended up assigned? It is a great price even for a Junior Suite and would be happy with that, but just curious. It shows only about 14 rooms GS and above.

[quote name='irishgal432']I am thinking about booking the Tuesday sale where they have a W Category on Allure and was wondering for those who had a W guarentee on Oasis and Allure, what room you ended up assigned? It is a great price even for a Junior Suite and would be happy with that, but just curious. It shows only about 14 rooms GS and above.[/quote]

Last November on Oasis 6 days before we left, while we were recovering from Hurricane Sandy here in NJ, DH and I got our room assignment after waiting nearly 3 months from the time we booked our guarantee. We were assigned an aft facing Crown Loft Suite (nearly center) for the W Guarantee... It was amazing! It was truly a wonderful surprise for us. If you will be happy with any assignment even in the lowest category of your guarantee, a guarantee room is great. If you have preferences or will be unhappy with ANY cabin that you may get in any category that is included in the guarantee, I would say to think twice before you take the chance.

We were very lucky and would absolutely take a W guarantee on Oasis or Allure again if it were available. Best of luck to you... let us know what you decide and how it works out for you. :)

I was on the same cruise as a previous poster (Hi Penny!)

We were also fortunate enough to get a crown loft. We were assigned an L2 (aft facing) 6 days before the cruise. Then 1-2 days before, they moved us to an L1 (side facing). I think perhaps the L2 to L1 was un upgrade for the C&A fairy (we were D, almost D+ at the time), but I will never know. The crown loft was wonderful, though we would have been perfectly satisfied if they had assigned us a JS. I would certainly book a W again for the right price.

I have never opted for the guarantee and was curious as well. Would you be happy if you were assigned a JS on the 14th deck? It seems deck 14 wouldn't be a good choice with everything above it. I was curious if you felt it would be worth taking a chance on getting something on the 14th as I've never stayed there.
Thanks for your opinions

[quote name='maudde']I have never opted for the guarantee and was curious as well. Would you be happy if you were assigned a JS on the 14th deck? It seems deck 14 wouldn't be a good choice with everything above it. I was curious if you felt it would be worth taking a chance on getting something on the 14th as I've never stayed there.
Thanks for your opinions[/QUOTE
Like you, I often try to avoid cabins below public decks, but I know people who have been quite happy on deck 14 on Oasis. some like it because it is so convenient to the pool deck and public areas...different strokes.

Your question illustrates the thought process one should undertake before going with a gty. Can I be happy enough in ANY canin in the guaranteed category or higher? If not, I am hesitant to book a gty. But for me personally, I often decide I can decide to be happy wherever they place me, so I have lots of gty's. I have overall be fine with every single cabin I got as a gty. Fortunately sone cruiselines, including Royal Caribbean, have allowed me to swap cabins within the exact same category after my gty is assigned...So after such swapping, I have been very happy with my gty bargains. If I booked a W and got a JS on deck 14, I would search this forum for feedback about that specific cabin and any other JS's that might be available. If one of the others seemed like a better choice, I'd ask Royal Caribbean to kindly let me swap. If not better cabins were available, I'd pack earplugs or a white noise machine.

Archived