Going on the Gem tomorrow! Give me your best Gem tips!

springsher

Traveling with my husband and dd's 8 and 6. Such as best place to stand during embarking :)Thanks in advance. Sheri

Deck 14 forward sun deck, get there early and get one of the big round loungers. They will be big enough for all 4 of you. If the weather is cold the Great Outdoors is a good place for sailaway.

The Great Outdoors for breakfast and a late lunch, or instead of sitting in the buffet. It is on deck 12 all the way aft through the buffet.

I am not sure about your daughter's but your husband might enjoy the Bridge Viewing Room Window-all the way forward on the Port side on Deck 11. You can see out across the bow of the ship and almost all of the Bridge. Believe it or not, the ship is steered with a small "Joy Stick" on a console.

Your Cruise Director Sinan is a very funny man. He is from Turkey and has two daughters a little older than yours.

My favorite Entertainer in the evening is a gentleman by the name of Michael ( I do not remember his last name-from Canada born in Scotland). It is just him and the piano nothing added. I can not wait to see him in two weeks myself.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Get on board, skip the crowds at the buffet, go the rear of the ship and have a nice sit down lunch at the Venetian MDR.

Go to the deck that has the Bridge observation area. Once you get to the glass that allows you to view the bridge, turn around and there you will see in a small glass case, a statue. Take a close look at some of the items in it.

If you enjoy quiet, get a pass to the Thermal Suite and avoid the crowds on the pool deck.

Look down, see the direction the fish are swimming? That leads to the front of the ship.

Get on board, skip the crowds at the buffet, go the rear of the ship and have a nice sit down lunch at the Venetian MDR.

Go to the deck that has the Bridge observation area. Once you get to the glass that allows you to view the bridge, turn around and there you will see in a small glass case, a statue. Take a close look at some of the items in it.

If you enjoy quiet, get a pass to the Thermal Suite and avoid the crowds on the pool deck.

Look down, see the direction the fish are swimming? That leads to the front of the ship.

Thanks how do u get the pass to the thermal suite and what is that?

I love quiet. But with two little ones I don't get much :)

Usually you can buy the pass in the terminal while you are waiting to board. Otherwise head right to the spa. It's expensive but if you make good use of it it is worth EVERY PENNY!!!!!

Oh the thermals the spa. Gotcha :). Thanks again!!

The "Gem" sure is a "Gem". I had a mini-suite and I slept on the pull-out couch and it was a double bed! I gave my two high school friends the two twin beds! Have a great time! I will be doing the "Breakaway" in January for a 12-day to the Southern Caribbean in a studio!:)

Deck 14 forward sun deck, get there early and get one of the big round loungers. They will be big enough for all 4 of you. If the weather is cold the Great Outdoors is a good place for sailaway.

The Great Outdoors for breakfast and a late lunch, or instead of sitting in the buffet. It is on deck 12 all the way aft through the buffet.

I second this! Best place on the ship to watch the sailaway. We had lunch at the Grand Pacific and then went topside for the sailaway.

IMG_0149.jpg.7d6bc30cdce30e29eed4aee7e4c06112.jpg

Which side of the boat faces the Statue of Liberty. Wonder if my balcony would get a view of it?

The balconies on the starboard or right side will face the statue on the way out and the port on the way back. Have fun!!!

Archived