Do you bring your stroller on the beach?

Prinycesa07

On past cruises we went to places like Port Canaveral and Nassau. We definitely needed the stroller there. But this cruise, we are going to Half Moon Cay & Grand Turk. So, just beach days, right on the beach and no walking around. Cant decide if i should bring the stroller as im sure pushing a stroller on sand is no easy task ;) My kids are 2 & 3. They will not be napping in the stroller, we just plan to go out for a couple hours on the beach and then go back on the ship for lunch and nap time. Ive never been to either port so maybe i'm missing something & there will be some walking around?

I llllooovvvveeeee Half Moon Cay. It is my all time favorite beach. The sand was like powder. You are right about the stops though. There is not much "shopping" or looking around town to be had. I would consider both of these to be beach days as well--and would probably not use a stroller at either port. Most of our walking was in the sand.

January will be my first cruise with a child (DD willl be 2). I plan to just use my sling/backpack for Grand Turk.

I llllooovvvveeeee Half Moon Cay. It is my all time favorite beach. The sand was like powder. You are right about the stops though. There is not much "shopping" or looking around town to be had. I would consider both of these to be beach days as well--and would probably not use a stroller at either port. Most of our walking was in the sand.

January will be my first cruise with a child (DD willl be 2). I plan to just use my sling/backpack for Grand Turk.

So excited to hear this!! I'm really looking forward to these ports! Our last 2 cruises were to port canaveral, Nassau & Freeport. Was kinda boring to be honest so I'm looking forward to something new!! Good luck to you in January!!

This also depends on the type of stroller. A jogging stroller with large wheels is sometimes ok on the sand, most others are more of a pain. We used a jogging stroller in the bahamas- worked better on sand/ bad pavement, but didn't use it on the ship due to size. My DH and I are active sorts and often walk longer distances, the stroller works well for us but I think it would just be a pain for many families who do not like to go on foot.

• 1 month later...

We would love to have our BOB for cobblestones (doing a Mediterranean) as we like to walk the most, but don't want the BOB on all our maneuverings in the ship. Where did you keep your jogger on board?? We are in a quad cabin and it's just a regular cabin, no suite, etc. Thanks! Erica

Archived