Celebrity sponsored shore excursions in asia

ricethief

Celebrity tours in Asia are really no different than anywhere else....there are positives and negatives. Although we just spent 28 days on the Millenium in Asia, we didn't take any Celebrity tours...but we prefer private or small groups and have found that it's easy to set them up and find folks to join us using the Roll Calls; we've also found that often they are less expensive then the ship's excursions. It works for us.....but I know some who are travelling solo and prefer the relative security of having other shipmates with them...and like the comfort of knowing that should something happen to delay them, the ship will wait for their return.

Other than finding someone who took that specific tour who can talk to the size of the "bus", etc., I would check on your cruise's roll call and see what others are planning to do.

Thanks for the reply ghstudio, I have been keeping on eye on the roll call for private excursions to join. I don't mind booking private excursion and have booked one for Saigon but I'm not keen on arranging a tour a roll call as I don't wish to have the responsibility.

Out of interest though what size groups do you organise when you arrange the private excursions, as I found with the size of my group of 3 private excursions were mostly more expensive than the ship one.

Archived