Conquest Parking - Nola

alimo84

We are leaving in two weeks on the Conquest and I booked parking through neworleansparking.com instead of with the cruise line as it was 50% of the price. I am wondering if anybody who has done this dropped their luggage off with a porter and then parked so that they didn't have to deal with transporting the luggage? Thank you!

It looks to me just like a site for a lot of offsite parking.

I have parked at Fulton which is listed under the list of parking facilities. Its still $12 per night .. not half off.

Are you getting a shuttle included with the half off? Which parking lot are you in?

I can tell you getting into this particular port early with a car is a mess .. I would wait. People are in line to part at the port and its just a mess there (vs galveston for instance where its pretty easy to drive up and drop off.)

It looks to me just like a site for a lot of offsite parking.

I have parked at Fulton which is listed under the list of parking facilities. Its still $12 per night .. not half off.

Are you getting a shuttle included with the half off? Which parking lot are you in?

I can tell you getting into this particular port early with a car is a mess .. I would wait. People are in line to part at the port and its just a mess there (vs galveston for instance where its pretty easy to drive up and drop off.)

Thank you for the response! We actually chose the $8 option that isn't covered. That wasn't a problem for us. We do have a shuttle, and I was just going to have my husband drop me off when we enter with the bags while he parks, but I just wanted to double check the situation :) We've only cruised out of Galveston, so I thought it might be similar!

Not similar. I have heard people who said they waited in the line to park for 2 hours.. when they got to the port.. couldnt move until the other ship disembarked.

A shuttle driver will get waved to dart in and out of the line to drop people off, you wouldnt.

Thats why I now go to a hotel with parking and shuttle like quality inn westbank who includes parking in their cruise rate.

good luck .. but I think galveston is a lot less congested to get in and drop people off than NOLA .. last time my shuttle had to go around to the back area, between the port and the ship to drop us off, we were waved back there to get out of the way. Its a zoo at NOLA to get there and drop off.

PS .. add to that the railroad track.

Our shuttle was delayed 30 minutes or 45 minutes because there was a long train on the track and no one could get in or out of the port of NOLA. This was Feb.

This last cruise .. people were lined up in a line 100 long waited to cross the track to get to their cars, had to walk across the track to get to the parking area they parked in evidently.

Not similar. I have heard people who said they waited in the line to park for 2 hours.. when they got to the port.. couldnt move until the other ship disembarked.

A shuttle driver will get waved to dart in and out of the line to drop people off, you wouldnt.

Thats why I now go to a hotel with parking and shuttle like quality inn westbank who includes parking in their cruise rate.

good luck .. but I think galveston is a lot less congested to get in and drop people off than NOLA .. last time my shuttle had to go around to the back area, between the port and the ship to drop us off, we were waved back there to get out of the way. Its a zoo at NOLA to get there and drop off.

PS .. add to that the railroad track.

Our shuttle was delayed 30 minutes or 45 minutes because there was a long train on the track and no one could get in or out of the port of NOLA. This was Feb.

This last cruise .. people were lined up in a line 100 long waited to cross the track to get to their cars, had to walk across the track to get to the parking area they parked in evidently.

I should've clarified: I'm just going to have him drop me off when we enter the parking garage we reserved a spot in with our bags and we'll take the shuttle :) We're local so we aren't coming to the port until that morning! Thank you!

Archived