Drink Packages

I don't understand why they will not give you the cup that is given to people that buy the soda package. I always get the soda package and really love the new freestyle machines. My wife has even started getting the soda package as long as the ship has the freestyle machines. I would probably buy the alcohol drink package if I would get the cup. I don't drink a lot of alcohol, but would love to try some different things. I won't pay for both though. Yes, I know you can get regular soda's at the bars and restaurants with the alcohol drink package, but I really love the freestyle machine mixtures. Let's hope that sometime in the future they will add it to it.

It will never happen............... Since they don't make drinks in the freestyle cup, it becomes an easy way to cheat the system. While one person is getting a drink at the bar, another is getting soda at the freestyle machine. Two users, one drinks package.

It will never happen............... Since they don't make drinks in the freestyle cup, it becomes an easy way to cheat the system. While one person is getting a drink at the bar, another is getting soda at the freestyle machine. Two users, one drinks package.

By this logic couldn't one cheat the soda package the exact same way? One person uses the cup and another goes to the bar for soda? I know the package costs less etc but that would be a way to only have to buy 1 soda package and share it between 2 people so still Two users, one drinks package.

By this logic couldn't one cheat the soda package the exact same way? One person uses the cup and another goes to the bar for soda? I know the package costs less etc but that would be a way to only have to buy 1 soda package and share it between 2 people so still Two users, one drinks package.

People cheat on the soda package all the time. Royal Caribbean has apparently decided that the harm is not so great that they need to clamp down. Instead, they trust in the honesty of most people.

Profit margins are much smaller on alcohol, so they are working as hard as possible from the outset to minimize cheating.

I understand your logic, but it goes on now like the other person has said. I can go to one bar and get a mixed drink, give it to my wife and then walk to the next bar and get me a mixed drink. So, why would it matter with the freestyle cup?

Does Independence of the Seas have the freestyle machines? Do the soda packages on IOS include water and specialty coffees too?

I don't remember seeing any Freestyle machines on Indy back in December.

Agree too.....love the free-style coke machines....like a special treat. Without any hesitation I would immediately purchase the Premium Drink package if it came with cups!

But would you pay more than $55 per day to get the free style cup included?

I would have liked bottled wine to be included in my PI package but its not! Would I have paid more for the Bottled wine to be included? No!

The only reason you get fountain soda with the drinks packages is because most alcoholic drinks include a soda for a mixer so they cant really charge extra for the mixer!

These drink packages are "Alcoholic" drink packages not soda, bottled water, coffee or any other type of package. Same as a Wine package doesn't include speciality dinning:)

But would you pay more than $55 per day to get the free style cup included?

I would have liked bottled wine to be included in my PI package but its not! Would I have paid more for the Bottled wine to be included? No!

The only reason you get fountain soda with the drinks packages is because most alcoholic drinks include a soda for a mixer so they cant really charge extra for the mixer!

These drink packages are "Alcoholic" drink packages not soda, bottled water, coffee or any other type of package. Same as a Wine package doesn't include speciality dinning:)

I'm not trying to start a big argument about the packages. To me, it just doesn't make sense that they don't allow you to use the freestyle machines with the package. As you stated above, fountain soda is included, so why not the freestyle machines? Soda is soda, it is costing them the same whether I get it from the fountain at a bar or a freestyle machine.

As for you calling it an "Alcoholic" drink package, this is taken from RCCL's website when searching drink package:

Food & Beverage

Q: Are the all-inclusive beverage packages available on all sailings?

A: The all-inclusive beverage packages are sold onboard all ships, on all sailings 4 nights or longer.

They call it the all-inclusive beverage packages, so you would think everything would be included. I am not going to argue that point either.

I think more people would purchase the premium drink package if it included the freestyle machines. This would actually make RCCL more money. I don't drink a lot of alcohol, but I would get it if it was included. I don't know if I could drink enough to match the $55 a day price (about 6 to 7 drinks), but it might be close. So, instead of just getting $50 plus for the soda package for the week (I don't buy any alcoholic drinks) they would be getting $385 a week. Doesn't make good business sense.

I understand your logic, but it goes on now like the other person has said. I can go to one bar and get a mixed drink, give it to my wife and then walk to the next bar and get me a mixed drink. So, why would it matter with the freestyle cup?

All guests over the age of 21 in each cabin must purchase the alcohol packages. Therefore if you buy it for yourself then you must also buy it for your wife.

All guests over the age of 21 in each cabin must purchase the alcohol packages. Therefore if you buy it for yourself then you must also buy it for your wife.

Unless you travel as a family, and put one adult in each cabin...

Thank You in advance for anyone who can answer a question about the current cup used for the FreeStyle Coca-Cola machines onboard . . .

I can't determine by the photos I've seen online (CC & RCI web site) if there is any sort of cut-out in the upper part that screws onto the main container. I am hoping there is so that I can attempt to rig some type of hook to carry it on my belt loop during the day, rather than having it always in my hand (or sitting it down and forgetting it somewhere).

So I figured I'd check here with the experts. :)

Thank You in advance for anyone who can answer a question about the current cup used for the FreeStyle Coca-Cola machines onboard . . .

I can't determine by the photos I've seen online (CC & RCI web site) if there is any sort of cut-out in the upper part that screws onto the main container. I am hoping there is so that I can attempt to rig some type of hook to carry it on my belt loop during the day, rather than having it always in my hand (or sitting it down and forgetting it somewhere).

So I figured I'd check here with the experts. :)

No there is not, sorry.

Thanks SO much for the quick info. :)

Well, back to the drawing board.

You could always put one of those thick rubber bracelets or something similar around the so that the thickest part of the cup hold it firmly in place and then attach a lanyard or something with a clip to the band on the cup. You could also put just a plain keyring (just the circle part) on the band first as that would be easy to clip something onto it.

Archived