Nightmare... missing the ship!

C&THollings

I had an nightmare today about missing the ship. Hubby was in a cab waiting on me to buy Sun screen, As I walk out of the store, I see him asleep in the back seat of the cab then I hear the ship horn blow, I turn to see it pulling out of dock :eek: I yell at him to wake up, "we just missed the ship", then I woke up.

Trying to make sense of the dream.... if the ship was pulling out...being evening, what the heck did I need sun screen for???? Ugh.. Does anyone else every worry about missing the ship?

I usually end up putting our passports in my purse a few days before we leave. That also has been a big fear of mine. I have even thought of putting copies of our birth certificates in our suite case as back up just in case I do forget them some day. UGH!! Hate those feelings!!!

I usually end up putting our passports in my purse a few days before we leave. That also has been a big fear of mine. I have even thought of putting copies of our birth certificates in our suite case as back up just in case I do forget them some day. UGH!! Hate those feelings!!!

I never seem to have redundancies in place in my dreams. :mad:

Yup. I'm always missing planes, trains, and automobiles.

I've left tickets and passports home, left late, Encounterered delays, and every other combination.

................and always, always make sure the 22nd is Tuesday! (I wish that it was a dream :( )

I had an nightmare today about missing the ship. Hubby was in a cab waiting on me to buy Sun screen, As I walk out of the store, I see him asleep in the back seat of the cab then I hear the ship horn blow, I turn to see it pulling out of dock :eek: I yell at him to wake up, "we just missed the ship", then I woke up.

Trying to make sense of the dream.... if the ship was pulling out...being evening, what the heck did I need sun screen for???? Ugh.. Does anyone else every worry about missing the ship?

i have a freakishly similar dream. every single time before we cruise.

except this next one coming up, we're going with my parents, and my mama would never let that happen.

just relax and make sure youre up early on embarkation day. everything will be a-okay

I have a whole emergency itinerary planned for each stop in case I miss the ship -- alternate air options, places to stay, transportation, reserved credit card with enough unused balance to get me home from the other side of the world! Missing the ship is my waking nightmare.

My sleeping nightmare is arriving at the port, ready to embark, without proper documentation. Had this dream about a dozen times so far.

I don't worry too much about missing the ship, because I almost NEVER leave the ship in port to go ashore. (At least, not in the Caribbean.) Ship is the destination for me. ;)

"SKY"

P.S. I LOVE the dream about the husband picking up the suitcase filled with shoes meant for Goodwill. :D

Have had a 'missing the ship' dream too. Here it is....

My daughter and I were cruising with other family. We boarded the ship with them but then went on a tour of another ship in port. While we were on that ship, both ships sailed - in different directions. We were at the railing during sailaway waving to everyone.

We then found the captain and they gave us a cabin. The ships were going to be in one port at the same time so we would be able to change ships then.

All in all a fairly pleasant dream. We were still on a ship and happy to be sailing!

I dremt that while my wife is safely on the ship I go ashore one last time for an extra bottle of valilla and when I stop for a drink time slips and when I hear the ship's horn announcing departure, it's to late. Now, while drowning my sorrows several college age girls take pity on my situatin and bring me home to live. THEN, while the gals are doting on me my wife interrupts the dream, shakes me, and tells me to get up, the grass needs cutting and the basement needs cleaning. While still half asleep I blurt out "but what about your vanilla?" She just shakes her head, pulls the covers off me, and walks away.

I have dreams about missing the ship, or having to get off cause I forgot something and not making it back on time, all the time!! The worst dream I've had though is one where we're getting off the ship and I can't remember any of the cruise :eek:!! I ask my family members about it and they tell me I slept through the whole thing :confused:! This is a pretty common dream for me for about 2 weeks before every cruise.

How about the one where hubby shouts to me "Hurry up. The taxi is waiting. Suitcases are already all in the trunk." I rush out ,jump into the cab, and head to the airport. Only when the driver opens the trunk, the biggest suitcase isn't there. Hubby had left it at home. Then.....

Oh wait a minute, that wasn't a dream. That one really happened.

( I do often relive that moment in my nightmares.)

I had a dream that I forgot to stop at a store prior to going to the port to buy diapers for my son. We are going two days early, so I hope I would remember that! If not, I guess he could wear those red biohazard bags as diapers! LOL

Let me interpret your Dream.

First, funny coincidence that you called this a Dream instead of a nightmare. Like Carnival Dream.

Now to your dream, your mind is trying to tell you that you need to book a cruise with a departure date within the next 60 days. The symbolism of the ship leaving means that you have waited too long since your last cruise and your mind is trying to get you to move quickly (I yell at him to wake up, "we just missed the ship",) Your husband sleeping means you are frustrated with him because you are more addicted to cruising than him and/or you think you need a cruise vacation more then him.

The cab represents no one taking charge to getting your cruise booked (short term cruise, not the one you have 6 month from now). Thus, you need to drive or take charge and book & take that cruise within the next 60 days.

The meaning of sun-screen is very simple. First, sun-screen on a cruise is a requirement. Second, the act of purchasing it means working on the list of things to pack and the fact that you are not prepared and had to stop to purchase the item. Once again this means your mind is trying to tell you, that you need to cruise now, not 6 months from now.

So, to stop this frustrating nightmare from recurring, go book a quick cruise 60 days out. Airfares are cheap right now and you and your husband deserve it.

I had the missing the ship dream once. I was just getting on the pier when the ship started to pull away. I took a running leap from the pier in hopes that I would land on the ship deck but missed and ended up in the water. I quickly got back up on the pier but since the ship was very long and was still along side the pier (it was slipping past the pier, not pulling out away from the pier) I made another attempt and running and jumping onto the ship. Just as I jumped I woke up so now I'll never know if I made it or not. :( I have also had a dream where I can't find my cabin.

Let me interpret your Dream.

First, funny coincidence that you called this a Dream instead of a nightmare. Like Carnival Dream.

Now to your dream, your mind is trying to tell you that you need to book a cruise with a departure date within the next 60 days. The symbolism of the ship leaving means that you have waited too long since your last cruise and your mind is trying to get you to move quickly (I yell at him to wake up, "we just missed the ship",) Your husband sleeping means you are frustrated with him because you are more addicted to cruising than him and/or you think you need a cruise vacation more then him.

The cab represents no one taking charge to getting your cruise booked (short term cruise, not the one you have 6 month from now). Thus, you need to drive or take charge and book & take that cruise within the next 60 days.

The meaning of sun-screen is very simple. First, sun-screen on a cruise is a requirement. Second, the act of purchasing it means working on the list of things to pack and the fact that you are not prepared and had to stop to purchase the item. Once again this means your mind is trying to tell you, that you need to cruise now, not 6 months from now.

So, to stop this frustrating nightmare from recurring, go book a quick cruise 60 days out. Airfares are cheap right now and you and your husband deserve it.

Wish I could book the 'pack and go' Living in the Midwest is just too far. If thing like Washer and Wells would quite breaking I could afford to cruise more. The check engine light just came on today in hubby's car, just paid it off last month.. UGH all these issues in the past month. Enough bad thing here!!!

Archived