Goat cheese pizza vs prosciutto pizza

Briitini

In the past we have ordered a whole Pie the way we wanted it with the ingredients they offered. It take's about 15 - 20 minutes. Not sure if they will do this anymore with the changes to the pizza's

We loved the new pizza and indeed they will combine the ingredients any way you like if you take the whole pie - our favorite was the 4 cheese and we added the mushrooms and proscuitto.

Goat Cheese Pizza is alive and well on Carnival Elation

De Chevre Pizza, (Goat Cheese, Mushroom and Sausage),

DSC_4818_Zyde.jpg

Personally, for taste, I might compare it to the NEW four cheese pizza (awesome!). Quattro Formaggi - Roased Garlic, Gorgonzola, Provalone, Parmesean, Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella.

DSC_6450_Zyde.jpg

The goat cheese pizza is the only one I ever order - love it. I'm sad if it really is being discontinued.

The mushroom pizza looks pretty good though. I know mushrooms are a type of fungi- but still what a name. I'll be asking for the mushroom pizza!

I never even noticed the donation request on the posted link. Thank you to the poster who provided the new pizza menu.

DSC_4818_Zyde.jpg

Personally, for taste, I might compare it to the NEW four cheese pizza (awesome!). Quattro Formaggi - Roased Garlic, Gorgonzola, Provalone, Parmesean, Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella.

DSC_6450_Zyde.jpg

Man...... You are making me droooooool here!

I am def gonna miss that pie. Have to go on the ships that have it:D

We loved the new pizza and indeed they will combine the ingredients any way you like if you take the whole pie - our favorite was the 4 cheese and we added the mushrooms and proscuitto.

I guess it depends what ship you are on but on the Breeze in December they refused to make the pizzas any other way than what is on the list...didn't matter if you wanted a whole pizza or not.

DSC_4818_Zyde.jpg

DSC_6450_Zyde.jpg

IMHO the two pizzas do not even compare in taste. The most flavorful part of the De Chevre pizza was the Goat Cheese and there is no Goat Cheese on the Quattro Formaggi. They taste nothing a like at all.

The De Chevre was what got me hooked on Goat Cheese.:) And I miss it.

IMHO the two pizzas do not even compare in taste. The most flavorful part of the De Chevre pizza was the Goat Cheese and there is no Goat Cheese on the Quattro Formaggi. They taste nothing a like at all.

They are both cheesy and the Gorgonzola provides a surprising but pleasant bite. The other cheeses also contribute. I don't order one expecting it to taste like the other, but to provide a cheese sensory overload. Each stands on its own.

For those who still want goat cheese pizza, there are still ships that offer it. :)

Are the Caesar Salads gone too from the pizza station? Loved those. Also are the deli sandwiches the same?

The new pizzerias don't serve Caesar salads but they are still available from room service 24x7 and anytime a main dining room is open.

The deli is still the same, except some have added hot dogs. :)

With the 2.0 upgrades there are no longer calzones. Sorry!

NO WAY? First they take away MDR lunch to combine it with breakfast so only one menu has to be served, and now no calzones?

These upgrades don't seem to be very 'upgrade' to me.

DSC_4818_Zyde.jpg

DSC_6450_Zyde.jpg

I love the new Quattro Formaggi!! I had a slice (or two) at least once a day.

The De Chèvre pizza was my favorite too. Very upset we can not get it anymore. I don' t remember sausage being on it though. I thought it was roasted garlic, some kind of sauted mushrooms & goat cheese & some other kind of cheese but not sure what kind, mozerella maybe. So now that they don't serve it anymore does anyone here know the recipe for it so I can make it at home? Thanks, Anna

The De Chèvre pizza was my favorite too. Very upset we can not get it anymore. I don' t remember sausage being on it though. I thought it was roasted garlic, some kind of sauted mushrooms & goat cheese & some other kind of cheese but not sure what kind, mozerella maybe. So now that they don't serve it anymore does anyone here know the recipe for it so I can make it at home? Thanks, Anna

I think it was portabella mushroom, not sausage.

I think it was portabella mushroom, not sausage.

There is no sausage on the De Chevre pizza. The ingredients are Roasted Garlic, Mushroom Sauvage (not Sausage), and Goat Cheese.

Well prosciutto does come in many diff grades

Dipalma starts at 27 lb

Also piccolo start at 4.00 lb

For me a good prosciutto is wasted on a piazza

But to each thier own

Wow, that's expensive. We only pay $20/lb for Proscuitto DiParma around me. I love it. I'm sure it would be great on pizza but not so sure about the cheaper versions.

As far as goat cheese I've never had the pizza. My sister made a goat cheese dip one holiday and it was so strong that we all hated it. Now I'm not sure I even want to try other goat cheese. Was it very strong when they had it on pizza? I like Feta, which is usually a goat cheese but I doubt I'd like it on pizza.

I'm allergic to penicillin but eat blue cheese of all kinds without bad things happening. Go figure.

You know - I eat stuff that I'm allergic to sometimes. Sometimes I react and sometimes I don't - just depends on pollen levels. I just know that I am very allergic to penicillin and latex so try and avoid those foods that cause reactions. It's amazing how many people don't realize there is a correlation between allergies (pollen) and food. Like in the fall, I can't eat any melon because they carry ragweed.

OH - and "frayedend" Feta is great on Pizza. I use it at home all the time when I cook.

__

Here's a great list of food's to avoid if you have pollen allergies

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/food-allergy/DS00082/DSECTION=symptoms

Blue cheese is a general classification of cow's milk, sheep's milk, or goat's milk cheeses that have had cultures of the mold Penicillium added so that the final product is spotted or veined throughout with blue, blue-gray or blue-green mold, and carries a distinct smell, either from that or various specially cultivated bacteria.

I doubt the prociutto was actual prociutto.

It was probably just thinly sliced ham and they called it prociutto.

As for getting rid of the goat cheese, if its any consolation, they did add mac&cheese and meatloaf to the dining room menu..

Prosciutto is quite inexpensive in Italy, same with a lot of Italian cheeses. CCL probably buys it in a foreign market to avoid paying US tariffs. It is the import taxes on Italian foodstuffs that make some of these items exhorbitant in the USA.

Archived