Share Your "Door Decorations" Pics :)

jvitatoe26

image.jpg.cbc983e8336dedb212de5491625264dc.jpg

We always put something on the door for our kids to find the room so they are not just grabbing any and all door handles thinking its their room. It has been good for Mom and Dad as well.

The luggage attendants said thank you for decorating.;)

I'm working on one for our upcoming cruise :D

Google "photo door banners" and you will get a wide variety of companies which sell them. Different vendors carry different ones. I found a company in California which was cheaper on most of them and had five different ones we ordered. They combined my shipping and it worked out to be pretty cheap. I think it was like $30 for five doors. I printed the 8 x 10 photos from Costco and they were like $1.50 each. The banners covered the entire door. The Elation doors were smaller, so we ended up with the scissors trimming them down to fit. They were awesome.

On our cruise on Dream this past March, it was dh's birthday. I bought a roll of the crayola wonders sticky paper (think it is called wonder roll) and tore a few sheets off of it (to make a poster) and put it on our door. On it I wrote 'Help me wish my hubby Shane a happy birthday!' then hung one of the markers with it for people to write on. It helped us find our cabin easily and also became a momento from his birthday cruise, as many people signed it wishing him a happy bday (had to change it twice because it was full...lol). Although he complained about it at first, he ended up loving it. Everytime he opened the door, we had to stop and wait while he read any new messages on it.

Our next cruise we will be celebrating our anniversary in August, so I am thinking of doing the same thing.

DOORI had a pirate sitting on the toilet that said "Welcome to the poop deck" I also had plastic coins, eye patches and necklaces that I put out daily for the kids. I think adults took them too!!! Me and my sister went on the Dream and I took a Kohls add and cut out a few lady bodys and added our face to them and had a saying "Sisters by birth, friends by choice." Edited by ljslight
ADD PICTURE

I just found this picture when I was looking at Zydecocruiser's latest Conquest pics. Yay!

DSC_5727_Zyde.jpg

And here is a preview of the poster I am ordering for our door. Staples is having a sale so it was only $4.99 plus shipping.

jupyvy2y.jpg

Edited by Kim_KS

I just found this picture when I was looking at Zydecocruiser's latest Conquest pics. Yay!

DSC_5727_Zyde.jpg

And here is a preview of the poster I am ordering for our door. Staples is having a sale so it was only $4.99 plus shipping.

jupyvy2y.jpg

Your poster is so nice! Happy Anniversary :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DSC_5727_Zyde.jpg

jupyvy2y.jpg

Your poster is awesome! Can I ask if you started with a template or did you create it all on your own?

Our last cruise the door was Metal so magnetic decorations worked well...does anyone know which doors are metal and which ones are not? We will be on the Paradise and I want to decorate our door. If it's magnetic I can get a dry erase board with magnetic backing but I wasn't sure if the doors are metal or not.

Edited by Pookeybear1966

This is a fun thread. I enjoyed reading it.

I was reading the CC Norwegian board the other day, and read that Norwegian is charging passengers a damage fee for decorating doors! Apparently, only door magnets are allowed on Norwegian.

This is a fun thread. I enjoyed reading it.

I was reading the CC Norwegian board the other day, and read that Norwegian is charging passengers a damage fee for decorating doors! Apparently, only door magnets are allowed on Norwegian.

Yikes! How much was the fee?

not sure how to do pictures, but my brother and I recently made a picture for our door for our upcoming cruise. its our cousin's first cruise. it has a picture of the fascination, the atlantis resort and his picture on it that says cruise virgin

Our last cruise the door was Metal so magnetic decorations worked well...does anyone know which doors are metal and which ones are not? We will be on the Paradise and I want to decorate our door. If it's magnetic I can get a dry erase board with magnetic backing but I wasn't sure if the doors are metal or not.

They were not metal when we were on Paradise in July. On post #26 of this thread, I posted a pic of our door.

Your poster is awesome! Can I ask if you started with a template or did you create it all on your own?

Thank you! They had tons of templates and then I added the wording and pics. It's pretty user-friendly and you can move things around where you want them. They also have 3 different sizes and each is $4.99 right now. The shipping was $10 - but that still made the total cost only $15. I can't wait to get it in the mail. It's a surprise for the hubby.