Y4t 19 day Dawson/Denali Plus Holland America

Howasaur

Going from July 10th -July28th For July 12 it says on Itinerary Kluane/ Whitehorse. does this mean Holland already has a trip planned for the Kluane. a little confused:confused:

No it's not included. I already asked HAL excursions. It's a day on your own and you can purchase an excursion if you wish. We're on the same Y4T cruise tour on June 28th and have booked "Kluane - Scenic Kathleen Lake Cultural Cruise (Lunch Included)" separately.

Going from July 10th -July28th For July 12 it says on Itinerary Kluane/ Whitehorse. does this mean Holland already has a trip planned for the Kluane. a little confused:confused:

No, they're just indicating that if you want to do any Kluane excursions, this is where you'd do it.

We did the Y4T last May/Jun. In Whitehorse we did the Dezadeash River Float Trip. It was fun, especially when we almost left someone behind while loading up the raft.

I Also noticed Dawson Creek July 14th it says Dawson Day At Leisure then mentions Klondike Spirit is this the same as Whitehorse. Is there tours already set-up for us on the rest of the land tour Fairbanks and Denali. Just wondering

In Dawson City you will get a cruise on the Klondike Spirit. In Fairbanks you will have the Gold Dredge #8 and the Riverboat Discovery. You will get the Tundra Wilderness Tour in Denali. A lot of your time is traveling on the bus and you will enjoy stopping at places not listed online.

If you go online you will see which excursions are available and your tour leader will spend time going over these excursions while you are traveling. He will sign you up for anything you want to do. Kluane is included in those as is Tombstone Park. We did a small excursion into Tombstone Park. If I were to do it again and I had plenty of time I would probably rent a car in Dawson City. Dawson city has a very nice museum you can do yourself and stop by the Robert Service Cabin and Jack London cabin and venture down the street to the cemetery if the weather is nice. Walk around the town and see what permafrost does to buildings and walk down by the Yukon/Klondike rivers.

Whitehorse has a nice city tour or you could probably keep busy on your own and maybe just do the things included in the city tour. My favorite is Dawson City but Whitehorse is a bigger town and I am not as familiar with it.

Go online at Holland America to the excursions offered for your trip and you will get an idea of what you need to do on your own.

If you go under your booking number and look at excursions only those things that you can work into your schedule will show up as being available to book.

It's a pretty good system. This is especially important for when you are in Denali as you will have a lot of daylight and they have a lot of activities.

I Also noticed Dawson Creek July 14th it says Dawson Day At Leisure then mentions Klondike Spirit is this the same as Whitehorse. Is there tours already set-up for us on the rest of the land tour Fairbanks and Denali. Just wondering

When we were in Dawson City, the only thing included as part of the cruisetour was the Klondike Spirit Riverboat on the day we left to go to Tok.

In Fairbanks the included tours were Gold Dredge 8 & Riverboat Discovery.

In Denali included was the Tundra Wilderness Tour.

We had other excursions in these places, that we booked through HAL.

Thank-you all for your responses I went on the Holland America site and tried Online Chat "It works" Spoke to Michael and asked the questions regarding the Tour part and the responses were the same as the comment above.

Hope to see you all

on the July 10-28 Y4t tour

Archived