Spa cabin vs. purchase spa pass pricing differential

carpeperdiem

I am considering a few booking options and I am noticing that the delta between booking a Cloud 9 spa cabin vs. buying the balcony + the spa pass for a couple ($249) is sometimes substantially more! ?

For example, I am looking at a booking on Splendor where the spa balcony is $500 more than a non-spa balcony. Do I really want to blow $250 just to be one or two flights closer to the spa, get the better bathroom amenities and the robes? (and yes, guarantee my neighbors will not smoke his on their balcony)

Conversely, if the spa cabins are sold out for my needs (I need a quad), can I simply get a non-spa balcony and buy the spa package?

IS THERE ANYTHING that a spa cabin gets that a spa couples package doesn't get (besides the room amenities and a non-smoking balcony)?

Could this be a by-product of the friends and family sale (where the spa rooms are not discounted as much as standard balconies)? Under normal pricing situations, are the spa rooms priced much higher? What is typical?

PS - I know that on non-Cloud 9 ships, there is no benefit to booking a spa room.

Thanks,

J

Just knowing that my neighbors won't be smoking is worth it (specially after being smoked out by neighbors on both sides on our last cruise). :(

One thing to keep in mind: spa passes for passengers in non-spa cabins are limited, so you may find yourself without access if they sell out before you purchase your pass.

The difference in price might be greater for you because you need a quad? The spa balcony passes are only for the first two in the cabin, but pax 3 and 4 might be paying more with no extra benefits?

I have noticed too that they may cost more than buying the spa pass separately. Book the lower balcony now and watch prices and hope to upgrade?

Book the lower balcony now and watch prices and hope to upgrade?

Can I do that for August 2013? Too late for ES. The Friends & Family sale is a pretty good sale for past guests, offer expires tomorrow (4/30/13), and I was thinking of booking -- but a few things have to fall in place in the next 24 hrs.

Do they permit "upgrades" after booking in this situation? If the spa balcony drops by $400, will they make this change? Should I speak with a PVP? I have never used a PVP before.

Thx

J

]Just knowing that my neighbors won't be smoking is worth it (specially after being smoked out by neighbors on both sides on our last cruise). [/b]:(

One thing to keep in mind: spa passes for passengers in non-spa cabins are limited' date=' so you may find yourself without access if they sell out before you purchase your pass.[/quote']

Thats the only reason I moved up to the spa cabins . Now I pay more just to get away from smokers . Another reason I have moved to other cruise lines .

We booked in December for a January 2014 cruise. The spa quad was $1951 while the quad on decks 1,2 or 6 was $1821. Clearly a bargain. I would have gotten two if the other inside quad hadn't already been taken. We also had an spa inside double for $1300 while the deck 1 or 2 would have cost $1200 at that time. I believe that it was the length of time ahead that we booked that gave us that advantage with the spa cabins. We wound up later upgrading the double to a spa balcony for about 700 more than the inside. We also got a fwd Lido quad for $1881. Just got a price adjustment on two cabins for a total of $220 tho :)

Just knowing that my neighbors won't be smoking is worth it (specially after being smoked out by neighbors on both sides on our last cruise). :(

One thing to keep in mind: spa passes for passengers in non-spa cabins are limited, so you may find yourself without access if they sell out before you purchase your pass.

That is precisely why we book spa cabin - so we actually get to enjoy the balcony. Last cruise without a spa balcony the cigar smoke was so thick it came in the room whenever we opened the balcony door. We had a guy who seemed to chain smoke cigars 24/7 in the cabin just forward of ours so the smoke always blew in our direction. It swirled over and under the partition. The steward thought we were smoking in the cabin and said we would have to pay the cleaning fee. We had to show him what happened when we opened the door. He reported it and the head housekeeper came to investigate. He apologized, but said there was nothing he could do to stop the guy. The head of housekeeping is the one who suggested the spa balcony cabins on the Dream class to us.

3rd spa balcony coming up on the Magic. Our last cruise on the Magic in August 2012 they sold out of the passes. It was so crowded in the Thalossotherapy pool and steam rooms that we hardly got the chance to use them. We're hoping its not so crowded in the spa on our upcoming cruise on the Magic, but even if it is the price differential between a regular cabin and a spa balcony was only $60.00 per person, a small price to pay so we can use the balcony.

I am booked on the Splendor in June. I just checked the prices for my saling and the quad spa cabin was a little over $5200 on deck 11. A double balcony & double inside spa cabin on deck 10 was around $3800 total (w/o taxes)...this would save you $1400 and get everyone a spa pass...not to mention a lot more room. :)

I am booked on the Splendor in June. I just checked the prices for my saling and the quad spa cabin was a little over $5200 on deck 11. A double balcony & double inside spa cabin on deck 10 was around $3800 total (w/o taxes)...this would save you $1400 and get everyone a spa pass...not to mention a lot more room. :)

Wow. Never considered that. My kids are 4 and 9, so the thought of letting them sleep alone in a non-connected cabin is not on my radar.

I just priced a few scenarios and yes, there can be a premium on the quad rooms. But not always. Gonna toss this (and connecting rooms as well) into the equation.

But there is something about the guaranteed non-smoking that could be worth paying for. I really appreciate the inout from you folks. Thanks.

J

Archived