Shuttle from FLL hotel to POM

kim826

I have been trying to get pricing for a shuttle from our Fort Lauderdale hotel to the Port of Miami and then from the POM to FLL but no one wants to give a price. There are only two of us. One of them said they have a minimum requirement of six passengers. Can anyone help me out?

I was told by our hotel in FLL that they could get us a ride to Miami.I think it was $80 that is probably for the van not the number of people.

When we sailed into Fort Lauderdale Celebrity offered buses to Miami airport plus excursions that ended at Miami airport you purchased them on the ship.

Tom

I have been trying to get pricing for a shuttle from our Fort Lauderdale hotel to the Port of Miami and then from the POM to FLL but no one wants to give a price. There are only two of us. One of them said they have a minimum requirement of six passengers. Can anyone help me out?

This has been discussed several times on this board, you can probably do a search and get more information.

The bottom line is that it is probably just as inexpensive to rent a car for the trip to POM from your FLL hotel. There are several rental agencies with free downtown Miami shuttles to the POM. With two people, you can get by with a smaller car for the trip. Check Hertz, Dollar, Alamo. We did this a couple of years ago for around $50.

Depending on your flight departure time, the excursion when you return might be a good idea. All your luggage goes on the bus and goes with you to the airport. There is a South Beach tour and there used to be a Airboat tour of the Everglades. However, these excursions are usually for later flights (after 2:30?). If you have an earlier flight out of FLL, the rental car might be a good choice for this also.

JohninDC always has great information regarding the shuttles/limo's/etc.

There are several "shared" shuttle services that pick up from FLL hotels going to the Port of Miami - around $15/person. Try SAS (ridesas.com), or Quality Limo. We've used SAS in the past, happy with their service.

Each shared shuttle operator seems to have a different list of how far they will venture from FLL to pick you up - so check them all. In additon to SAS check with QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), MJS transportation (www.gomjstrans.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/); as mentioned above prices start at about $15 per person each way. Good luck! :)

Archived