Galveston need hotel with parking for cruise

wallybone

We are cruising out of Galveston on Dec 1 and we are driving from north Texas looking for a hotel that has parking option for the cruise.

Most hotels have cruise parking. Do you need shuttle service also? Several have free shuttle service others charge a fee. I would find hotels that you are interested in and then call them direct.

I didn't do a park and cruise, so I can't help, but parking at places like Lighthouse and Easy Cruise is so inexpensive, I wouldn't limit your search to just a park and cruise.

This is good information -- thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked one night for August at Inn at The Waterpark. Ive stayed there and left my car, great under cover parking. It was $103. total for a room with two queen size beds.Not much more than you pay for parking!:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just booked The Inn at the waterpark for dec 1 cruise, never been to this one so hope for the best.

I booked the Inn at the Waterpark for 2 nights last summer, based on the advice on these boards. I stayed the first night and promptly checked out the next morning. I found the hotel to be dingy, in poor repair and overcrowded. I know that there are folks who swear by it, but I will never stay there again.

I stayed at Moody Gardens. It is in a great location and lots of fun things to do on property. I would actually plan on two nights if I were ever to sail out of Galveston again. They run shuttles to and from the cruise port.

We usually stay at a hotel and park our car, but we haven't had much luck with the shuttles as there are usually so many people waiting to get on one, we've just gotten into the habit of calling a cab to come get us. The last two times we stayed at the La Quinta on Seawall Blvd but we won't be staying there again after the last time we stayed there. The hotel condition had deteriorated a lot in the year since the previous time we had been there. If you don't want to wait on the shuttle and for less than the cost of parking in the port parking you can get a taxi to take you.

Archived