Need proof for a "repeater" discount

People here have gotten credit for cruises from the 70s without having to send in photos. Unfortunately, many RCI customer service people will give incorrect answers. Call back and speak to someone else. In this case, I would call the Crown and Anchor number at (866) 562-7625.

We would be two of those people :D

When I first joined I gave them the month/year and ship of our cruises. I offered more proof, but they said the dates and ship were good enough. They had computer records as of 1995, but we had 6 cruises before that.

I agree the OP should call back and talk to C&A.

Before returning to Royal Caribbean years ago, I had cruised with my parents in the early/mid eighties on 2 Royal cruises. Before I booked my own as an adult, I contacted Crown & Anchor to see if I can get credit for cruising back in the dark ages. They gave me a cruise credit and a C&A number without any proof. I thought it was generous of them to take my word for it and I was thankful that they made it easy for me. I couldn't imagine how i would be able to come up with proof of me cruising as a kid :eek:.

Well I think it speaks to the fact that I don't know WHAT to call it since I didn't know it even existed till the OP started the thread.

All I did was call RCCL , speak with a rep and was told, indeed I did get $100 off my bill for our 7 day Allure trip.

I don't care what you or anyone else calls it.

I call it money in my pocket.

I never have referred to it as anything but a discount, which is it.

If you want to nit pick about the actual title, have at it.

For the record, anytime I hear my kids say "sorry, but" I always tell them it is code for

"Sorry(which I really dont mean but feel I need to say, now here is what I really mean) BUT...."

If you are really sorry, then I accept it.

If you are not, then that's up to you.

This is a public forum. You don't get to tell others what they can and can't post.

So if I wanna say "whatever you call it" I can and will.

There is a t/a site that specifically mentions a past-guest rate for rci. It's not on all cruises.

And they show it for insides and oceanviews so that would seem to rule it out as a c&a discount.

Yes, it rules out a balcony discount, but not savings certificates. Maybe the site automatically takes savings certificates into account?

Yes, it rules out a balcony discount, but not savings certificates. Maybe the site automatically takes savings certificates into account?

The numbers seem to suggest that is what they are doing. The amounts are not exact, but pretty close. At least that is for the few I checked.

I can see where someone that did book with them and didn't know about the savings certificates could think they got a simple past guest discount.

For future reference here is a list of Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

And

The C&A Savings Certificates for Gold Members are....

For Inside Stateroom

$25 for 3-5 nights

$65 for 6-9 nights

$100 for 10-14 nights

$100 for 15+ nights

For Outside Stateroom

$50 for 3-5 nights

$125 for 6-9 nights

$200 for 10-14 nights

$200 for 15+ nights

The C&A Savings Certificates for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and PC Members are....

For an Inside Cabin

$35 for 3-5 nights

$75 for 6-9 nights

$115 for 10-14 nights

$115 for 15+ nights

For Oustide Stateroom

$75 for 3-5 nights

$150 for 6-9 nights

$225 for 10-14 nights

$225 for 15+ nights

Savings Certificates are for select sailings only.

I know many of you keep saying there is no "repeaters" discount on RCI BUT if booking through a TA some of them ask you for a past passenger number. I know only because I was looking for a price on line for an RCI cruise and it asked if I was a past passenger, I checked "yes" and it then asked me for a passenger number..perhaps this is what the OP is referring to. Now whether or not a discount is given for this info ..I have no clue but it was required to get the quote.

MikeChass...In regards to the MLife card..I called about this card and was told I'd get no other benefit but the coupons that are given to C&A members..I am only sapphire so maybe that's why I don't get any additional perks?

I know many of you keep saying there is no "repeaters" discount on RCI BUT if booking through a TA some of them ask you for a past passenger number. I know only because I was looking for a price on line for an RCI cruise and it asked if I was a past passenger, I checked "yes" and it then asked me for a passenger number..perhaps this is what the OP is referring to. Now whether or not a discount is given for this info ..I have no clue but it was required to get the quote.

MikeChass...In regards to the MLife card..I called about this card and was told I'd get no other benefit but the coupons that are given to C&A members..I am only sapphire so maybe that's why I don't get any additional perks?

Interesting. Now we have a new member category to go with the new repeaters' discount!:p

The TA uses the past passenger number to put a hold on your reservation so it does not get sold from under him/her while doing the booking.

I signed up for Crown and Anchor in 2011 and was pleasantly surprised when it had a record of me from Sovereign of the Seas from 1993!

I took two RCCL cruises in the 1980's and they have no proof of them.

Interestingly, my wife took two cruises in the early 90s before she joined C&A, this thread nudged me to nudge her to call about those.

Turns out it took a 5 minute call to the C&A line. No photographs. No hoops. No drama. She now has 14 more credits than she had before she called.

Archived