How I Got My PVP

ch27088

I booked our cruise back in March by calling the 800 number. I asked the young lady who answered if she was a PVP and she said "no", but she could help me. Now several years ago, I paid for my adult daughter and her friend to go on a cruise with hubby and I. My daughter recently got a notice in the mail that says "$90 off past guest rates, plus free two category upgrade", but she is not even in the Country, she lives in Germany. I get a little peeved, and so I call the number on the notice, and ask for Personal Vacation Planner. The PVP told me that the flyer is a "retention flyer" to get my daughter to sail again, which I understand, but when I booked my cruise last month, I specifically asked for a PVP, and wasn't given one. Oh well at least now I have one. I like having a PVP because they will call you with price drops, upgrades, etc. I wish I could have gotten my daughter's offer, but my PVP was not able to transfer my daughters offer to me. Oh well! When you call, make sure you ask for a PVP, and be switched over.

I'm not sure you can be switched to a PVP just by calling the 800#, and I'm sure the rep that takes your call will not want to lose a sale by transferring you. In fact, I think there's a separate number for PVPs and then they ask you to put in the extension. I got my first PVP by her contacting me after we had taken 2 Carnival cruises booked with a TA. I'm not sure if it was someone that had noticed me searching cruises on the Carnival site or if she just got my name as a past guest. She was great, though. Sometime between my 3rd and 4th cruise I began receiving emails from another PVP. I told him I already had a PVP and gave him her name, and he said she'd been promoted and we had been assigned to him. He also has provided excellent service for us. I'm very happy with the assistance I get from Carnival and I will book through my PVP every time.

Now, when I was considering RCI for my upcoming Baltic cruise, I called and spoke to a customer service rep. She was nice, helpful and prompt in her responses. I told her about my PVP from Carnival and asked for direct contact info for her at RCI. She said they don't work that way, but that whoever answered the phone when I called RCI would be able to help me. I prefer being able to talk to the same person each time and building a relationship with that rep. We ended up choosing Carnival for our Baltic cruise for a number of reasons, but I would consider another line if they had an itinerary I liked at a reasonable price.

The easiest way to get a personal vacation planner is go to the Carnival website and time personal vaction planner in the search box. A page will come up for you to type your phone number and time you want to be contacted and a planner should call you back. I got my newest planner when Carnival called about an upgrade and the person calling actually contacted a planner who called me back immedaitely

I'm not sure you can be switched to a PVP just by calling the 800#, and I'm sure the rep that takes your call will not want to lose a sale by transferring you. In fact, I think there's a separate number for PVPs and then they ask you to put in the extension. I got my first PVP by her contacting me after we had taken 2 Carnival cruises booked with a TA. I'm not sure if it was someone that had noticed me searching cruises on the Carnival site or if she just got my name as a past guest. She was great, though. Sometime between my 3rd and 4th cruise I began receiving emails from another PVP. I told him I already had a PVP and gave him her name, and he said she'd been promoted and we had been assigned to him. He also has provided excellent service for us. I'm very happy with the assistance I get from Carnival and I will book through my PVP every time.

Now, when I was considering RCI for my upcoming Baltic cruise, I called and spoke to a customer service rep. She was nice, helpful and prompt in her responses. I told her about my PVP from Carnival and asked for direct contact info for her at RCI. She said they don't work that way, but that whoever answered the phone when I called RCI would be able to help me. I prefer being able to talk to the same person each time and building a relationship with that rep. We ended up choosing Carnival for our Baltic cruise for a number of reasons, but I would consider another line if they had an itinerary I liked at a reasonable price.

I'm like you. I like personal contact with whomever I am dealing with when it comes to my vacations/cruises. Let me know that I can upgrade, let me know that I've just saved some money because of a price drop. I just like being to talk to the same person when I make a reservation. That person knows me and my likes and dislikes, so it's helpful when making a booking.

Well that person I spoke about in my above post was NOT a PVP. I've been on the line with Carnival for over 30 minutes trying to get a PVP. Is it that difficult for them to find a PVP for me. I would like a PVP because sometimes I need to call with questions, and I get tired of calling the 800 number and getting someone different each time. Then a lot of the people that I talk with don't actually have the answer to my question, and I end up hanging up. Why is this so difficult?

The easiest way to get a personal vacation planner is go to the Carnival website and time personal vaction planner in the search box. A page will come up for you to type your phone number and time you want to be contacted and a planner should call you back. I got my newest planner when Carnival called about an upgrade and the person calling actually contacted a planner who called me back immedaitely

I actually did this and that's why I'm still on hold (35 minutes and counting) for them to find me a PVP. What is the deal?

Well that person I spoke about in my above post was NOT a PVP. I've been on the line with Carnival for over 30 minutes trying to get a PVP. Is it that difficult for them to find a PVP for me. I would like a PVP because sometimes I need to call with questions, and I get tired of calling the 800 number and getting someone different each time. Then a lot of the people that I talk with don't actually have the answer to my question, and I end up hanging up. Why is this so difficult?

Go to Carnival's home page, put in PVP in the search box, and then click the first link that comes up.

If you just make an account on Carnival's website, you'll be assigned a PVP who will email you their contact info. That's how I got mine.

Nobody called or emailed when I created my account...:(

The easiest way to get a personal vacation planner is go to the Carnival website and time personal vaction planner in the search box. A page will come up for you to type your phone number and time you want to be contacted and a planner should call you back.

I did that and did not get a PVP. Person on other end just takes what ever number pops up on her screen. I asked to be transferred to one. She would not do it. So I went to my normal source TA and did it that way.

I inherited mine. :) Many moons ago, I booked a cruise through Carnival & was assigned a PVP. He was very nice & helpful, but either left the job or got promoted, because I started getting emails from another PVP. She explained what happened. No biggie. Fast forward through the many years that I didn't cruise at all, & I decide to start looking at cruises again. I re-activate my Carnival guest number (because they switched to VIFP) & lo & behold, I start getting emails from the same PVP again! Yay! :) I'm hoping to go on a cruise in December & plan to book through her.

Archived