Any interest in a possible sailing September 2015?

I agree. The mega-twins itineraries were just release thru 2016. Wow, what exciting & "new" Eastern & Western Itineraries they've come up with, thru 2016!:rolleyes:

Okay, sarcasm button off. You'd think they could change it up, just a little. They've had the same itineraries since 2010, give us at least one new stop... come on man!!!! Ugh!:o

LOL, we need our own cruise line apparently.:D

Hi everyone,

Rene, love your sense of humour. I hoping everything is going great for you.

Sheila, I feel the same way. I'd love to see some new ports and I am still hoping that Quantum is doing at least the one Caribbean run in September 2015, otherwise, it would be November 2015 for either Quantum or Anthem for the Caribbean sailings.

Fred, I looked at all of the new Caribbean port sailings, and other than Serenade's in December, not much new there.

I don't know how many more times I want to visit some of the ports that have been on the same itinerary for the past five years.

I am keeping a positive attitude that the schedules and hopefully the bookings will open next week with an itinerary that we all like with a decent price point.

I am up to whatever everyone wants, I just had a blast before with all of the original RTR's and love to repeat the experience and meet lots of new fun cruisers as well.

Have a nice afternoon. And to RCCL executives, please release the deployment schedule NOW:D

Yep, going to stay hopeful that RCI changes stuff around,

what a waste of a beautiful new ship on that stinky itinerary.

But, it could change, who knows. lol:D:)

Howdy everyone :) I hope everybody is doing great and not getting any snow where you are. This weather is just crazy.

So, we cancelled the Quantum for April for a few of reasons:

1. They changed the dining to about five free venues, the others you have to pay a fee AND they are requiring that you make a reservation for EVERY NIGHT. I don't know what I am going to be doing, where I might want to eat that far in advance AND, the "MDR" as we know it, is now formal night every night, sooooooooooo . . .

2. The itinerary, in a word, S*CKS, seriously? CocoCay and Port Canaveral? Not to mention that we would be sailing out of Newark in April and it was cold enough sailing out of Florida in March, brrrrrrrrr. The 8 day itinerary on the IOS is awesome and we are going to be sailing with some of the same folks that we have sailed with last year and this year.

3. There was a price drop last and we snagged a D2 for only $953 pp. Granted, it is not a spa JS and I will not have a tub; HOWEVER, I will have a balcony and that is cheaper than what we paid for a D1 on our very first cruise in 2007 :D

That means that when they release some more sailings for the Quantum or the Anthem, Frank and I will be ready for the second sailing of the RTRs :D

Edna,

We completely understand and it sounds like a smart decision.

You will both be missed until next time...RTR will never be the

same without you guys!!! :)

This past Sunday it was 80 degrees in Bayonne, so you never know. Yes, the itinerary isn't great, but hopefully the ship will make up for that!

The ship looks great, looking forward to it for sure.

The itinerary is old and boring, maybe they planned that;

to keep us on the ship spending and spending...LOL:D

Edna,

We completely understand and it sounds like a smart decision.

You will both be missed until next time...RTR will never be the

same without you guys!!! :)

No, I was saying we cancelled the April 24th cruise and we CAN cruise with y'all on the Quantum in September. :p Wasn't that the plan, a RTR reunion on the Quantum in September, not April right?

Howdy everyone :) I hope everybody is doing great and not getting any snow where you are. This weather is just crazy.

So, we cancelled the Quantum for April for a few of reasons:

1. They changed the dining to about five free venues, the others you have to pay a fee AND they are requiring that you make a reservation for EVERY NIGHT. I don't know what I am going to be doing, where I might want to eat that far in advance AND, the "MDR" as we know it, is now formal night every night, sooooooooooo . . .

2. The itinerary, in a word, S*CKS, seriously? CocoCay and Port Canaveral? Not to mention that we would be sailing out of Newark in April and it was cold enough sailing out of Florida in March, brrrrrrrrr. The 8 day itinerary on the IOS is awesome and we are going to be sailing with some of the same folks that we have sailed with last year and this year.

3. There was a price drop last and we snagged a D2 for only $953 pp. Granted, it is not a spa JS and I will not have a tub; HOWEVER, I will have a balcony and that is cheaper than what we paid for a D1 on our very first cruise in 2007 :D

That means that when they release some more sailings for the Quantum or the Anthem, Frank and I will be ready for the second sailing of the RTRs :D

I haven't completely stayed current with the whole dining saga on this ship, but when you say "requiring that you make a reservation for EVERY NIGHT" you mean we have to make a reservations for every night? None of the restaurants will accept any walk-in's? I was under the impression that the dining system on Quantum would be similar to "my-time dining" on other ships, where you can either make a reservation or just show-up when you are ready to eat.

No, I was saying we cancelled the April 24th cruise and we CAN cruise with y'all on the Quantum in September. :p Wasn't that the plan, a RTR reunion on the Quantum in September, not April right?
Great to hear! Sooner or later RCI should come out with the 2015-16 itineraries and we can start organizing this thing! There is a rumor going around CC that that day could be tomorrow!:eek:

I haven't completely stayed current with the whole dining saga on this ship, but when you say "requiring that you make a reservation for EVERY NIGHT" you mean we have to make a reservations for every night? None of the restaurants will accept any walk-in's? I was under the impression that the dining system on Quantum would be similar to "my-time dining" on other ships, where you can either make a reservation or just show-up when you are ready to eat.

We got a call from our TA saying that we were one of the people chosen to participate in the EARLY reserving and that the regular reservations would open up on May 15th. Since the various venues seat a limited amount of people, they are recommending that people make reservations for dinner.

Looks like we will be eating in the WJ more often on the Quantum :D

We got a call from our TA saying that we were one of the people chosen to participate in the EARLY reserving and that the regular reservations would open up on May 15th. Since the various venues seat a limited amount of people, they are recommending that people make reservations for dinner.

Looks like we will be eating in the WJ more often on the Quantum :D

Hmmm. That certainly doesn't sound too appealing. I like the idea of all the separate restaurants but yeah, like you, I'm not going to be able to know for sure where we'll want to eat every night on a cruise, 6-months out. Even when we have reservations months-outs on past cruises, we still ended up changing them around on the ship. They need to allow for people to change their minds, otherwise I don't think this system will ever work.

Thanks for the head's up, it's definitely something that will need to be looked at before preceding.

Hi everyone,

I know that the exact itinerary dates and prices are not yet available for the sailings, but I wanted to try and gauge interest in forming a Cruise Critic group sailing. I did them on Oasis and Allure in September of their first year of sailing as it is usually a lower price point than the spring break and summer sailings. I had a blast with the Rising Tide Rebels on Oasis, and the Allure cruisers on both group cruises.

I think Quantum will be a great entertainment cruise and am looking forward to cruising on this ship, hopefully twice in the first year. If interested in a Cruise Critic group cruise, would you prefer the shorter(7 -8 night) or longer(11-12 night) itineraries?

Thanks in advance for giving me your thoughts on this. If there is more interest in a different month, please let me know that as well. I picked September based on past pricing of new Royal ships.

Kelcie

I hope you and your group will like going to China.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I hope you and your group will like going to China.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Not a snowball's chance in h - e - double hockey sticks would you find me in China, EVER. That and many other countries are seriously OFF of my bucket list.

I believe that your impression is the correct one but even now there are some who insist that reservations are "required" for RCI's My Time Dining despite the numerous posts which refute that claim.

With today's announcement, however, only the folks who are booked on Quantum until May, 2015, while it sails from NJ will find out for sure. :)

Not a snowball's chance in h - e - double hockey sticks would you find me in China, EVER. That and many other countries are seriously OFF of my bucket list.
Just out of curiosity, I looked up flights from here to Shanghai, using Kayak, it would cost us around $2,700/pp just to get there... sheesh! So, I don't think we'll be making it over there for the reunion next year either.

Personally, I think RCI screwed up and made this change out of pure necessity. They assumed Bermuda would be ready for Quantum in the summer of 2015, and they will not. This move buys RCI almost year to wait & see what Bermuda does. But I'll bet RCI's patients is running thin with the Bermuda Government and if dredging guarantees aren't given by early next year, the same fate may be in-store for Anthem. That is, no Quantum class for Bermuda and RCI will pull Anthem from NJ... I just don't see them wasting time on this next year too.

It's disappointing since I know many of us were looking forward to sailing this ship in September. Oh well, there's always Anthem in November. It has been looking more & more likely for us that November was when we would sail Quantum anyway, given NE/CA was likely in September.

Edited by The Grumpus

Just out of curiosity, I looked up flights from here to Shanghai, using Kayak, it would cost us around $2,700/pp just to get there... sheesh! So, I don't think we'll be making it over there for the reunion next year either.

Personally, I think RCI screwed up and made this change out of pure necessity. They assumed Bermuda would be ready for Quantum in the summer of 2015, and they will not. This move buys RCI almost year to wait & see what Bermuda does. But I'll bet RCI's patients is running thin with the Bermuda Government and if dredging guarantees aren't given by early next year, the same fate may be in-store for Anthem. That is, no Quantum class for Bermuda and RCI will pull Anthem from NJ... I just don't see them wasting time on this next year too.

It's disappointing since I know many of us were looking forward to sailing this ship in September. Oh well, there's always Anthem in November. It has been looking more & more likely for us that November was when we would sail Quantum anyway, given NE/CA was likely in September.

Well said, Fred!!!

JH and I are definitely in for Allure, great suggestion, Edna!:)

Well said, Fred!!!
LOL - thanks. I have no idea if anything of that is right. :D More like they probably moved the ship because they found out the RTR's were planning a reunion on their newest ship and they just can't allow that to happen again. :eek: You'll notice Royal Caribbean just recently joined Cruise Critic, and now this happens... coincidence my friend? I think not!:p

;)

How about the Independence on 27 September 2015 or the 13 of September? Prices are good.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Looks like the IOS is changing from their 8 day Eastern and 6 day Western to all 7 day cruises, darn. However, the price is very good :)